Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re: When will Samsung Gear S3 be launched with Verizon?
zenx2

Just not going happen ....this thread just needs end.. verizon could careless..tmobile great in big cities...ATT find a friend pay full price for watch and service....or switch Good luck all...I am out good luck

0 Likes
Bigjim923

I'm just going to wait to see what happens with the gear s4. It isn't

something I have to have but would love to have it for my running.

Should have gone with the Bluetooth version even though would prefer LTE so

I have a way to contact or be contacted when out putting in mileage. Had I

not heard the s4 was coming out I would have at least gone with the

Bluetooth now and just used my phone when running, especially when it was

cheaper around Christmas. If Verizon doesn't carry the 4 I'll hook up with

someone with AT&T.

0 Likes
zenx2

Gear S4 is a possibility maybe 1st quarter 2018  most likely 2nd quarter ...Not sure where people hearing gear s3 is on its way out its pre order was just Nov...lol Technology moves super fast but with wearables with a unsure market ...ya i would not look for a Gear S4 anytime soon... No matter what press is releasing....

0 Likes
vchat

I thought that way too. But, after reading  comments from others who have constantly waited for Verizon products and updates, I decided not to wait and went with T-Mobile.  Even when or if the S4 is released, whose to say they will not keep us waiting like they are doing now with the S3.

From a business standpoint, I been reading a lot about Verizon acquisitions.  They going after Yahoo, CBS and a few others.  I wondering what is their ultimate goal?  Are they acquiring these businesses to enhance their wireless and landline services like AT&T did with is acquisition of Directv?  Or, do they have another plan? I cannot help but wonder why are they  being so relaxed in updates and releases and allowing their competitor to beat them to the punch.  Is it intentional, or do they not care because they think their customers are not going anywhere?  They been in business for decades now, they should know what it takes to get a product on the market on time and to handle updates.  I don't  understand why they are constantly behind.

0 Likes
Bigjim923

Heck you are right. I just purchased one through AT&T for $249. I'll run it

through my friends unlimited data plan and just pay $10 a month.

0 Likes
CURHOW4

Tells me that Verizon is holding this watch back because of features like Samsung pay. Tells me that Verizon is holding this watch back because of features like Samsung pay. You guys need to remember that originally with the notes 7i believe and some other Samsung phones Verizon removed Samsung pay and you had to install it yourself after a while. I believe this watch comes with it installed. Verizon has an issue with all these companies other than Apple and Google Now who finally put their foot down, including apps that doesn't give Verizon any type of conversation. including apps that doesn't give Verizon any type of compensation. I think I'm finally done a Verizon and I will be switching. I'm tired of this type of action from them and also tired of getting high in phones just to find out they have  removed features.  The other three companies seem to not do this. Excuse any typos in this post because I did use voice to text to write this

0 Likes
JRLittleJr
Novice

It now looks as though the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier LTE won't happen with Verizon for whatever reason.  Now almost two months past the release date.  Cannot understand what is happening with this company and who is responsible for making such stupid decisions. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

If that is true, then Samsung is the one who has canceled it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
CURHOW4

How is that if all the other main players in the US have the watch.  This is a Verizon issue, not Samsung.  Samsung probably finally stood up and said we are not letting Verizon change our hardware.  It's not fair there main competitor Apple doesn't have Verizon change there stuff, but Samsung constantly gets messed with.

0 Likes
vchat

Oh, I see what you saying.  However if what you say is true its seems trivial.  I have a Note 5, I don't remember whether the phone came with the Samsung Pay app or I downloaded it.  Either way the app is operational  and on my phone now and I use it.  If Verizon is telling Samsung to remove the app from the watch and Samsung  is refusing then that is within their right.  However, it don't make sense to me since most customers even if the app is removed, will put the app back on the watch.  Is Verizon requesting some sort of compensation for allowing Samsung to use their own software on their smartphones?  IF that is the case, then do Verizon get compensation from all the other apps that comes preloaded on all the phones they sell?

0 Likes