Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
When will the Gear S2 3G get the new firmware update?
ChrisHeery

As the Samsung Gear S2 is being updated with new firmware, I gather the regular bluetooth, classic, and AT&T 3G models have started receiving their updates. What timeline is available for the Verizon 3G SM-R730V model?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: When will the Gear S2 3G get the new firmware update?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Shortly after the support documents are posted on http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Shortly after the support documents are posted on http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ChrisHeery

That's my question though. Samsung has everyone else updating as we speak and not a peep out of Verizon. Even slow poke AT&T is rolling theirs out for their 3G model. It isn't as if they need to make any changes to the firmware like they do with their phones. I don't expect to see Messages+ support or any other Verizon app support magically appearing on the S2. I mainly want the sleep support that Samsung should have had on it in the 1st place.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The reps won't know anything until the software updates page is updated.

You say AT&T devices are receiving the update. Has the AT&T site been updated with their support documents?

0 Likes
ChrisHeery

I'm not sure if they've updated their own site as I've heard it from AT&T users on Android Central discussion boards.

0 Likes
jeffyboy65
Novice

I'm glad it wasn't just me who was wondering.

Yeah, it makes no sense for Verizon to do anything to the update like the operating system updates.

Although, it does have their radio in it. So that may be why.

Who knows.

0 Likes
ChrisHeery

Hard to say, but I figure there are a lot of 3G S2 users out there because of the S7/Gear S2 deal from earlier this year. As usual, we'll have to wait.

0 Likes
jeffyboy65
Novice

Anyone get the update, yet?

0 Likes
ChrisHeery

Not yet. I haven't heard of any release info from Verizon or Samsung.

0 Likes
jeffyboy65
Novice

Anyone, by chance,get it yet?

Makes no sense to me.

0 Likes