Re: When will the LTE version of the Galaxy Watch be available?
vchat
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just read on Verizon.com you must have a "compatible" device on your Verizon account to assign to NumberShare when purchasing a wearable device such as the Galaxy watch......Does that mean your watch does not have its own number, if you so choose to use the watch as a standalone without a phone?  So my ipad has its own number but the Galaxy watch cannot?  Verizon is up to it usual tricks i see....

0 Likes
gvanmeter81
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, it's the same way on T-Mobile. I bought the watch. I don't have a

T-Mobile plan. They assigned a number, but it wouldn't work. It took almost

a week before T-Mobile finally admitted it wasn't going to work without me

buying a phone plan. (I guess they didn't know because it was so new.) They

also stated that older watches worked that way, but not the new Galaxy

Watch.

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Wow!!...You must be one of the lucky ones who can still makes calls from their watch as a Stand Alone Device even though the Integrated Calling Feature has been Disabled by Verizon since  April of 2018.

For the Record...The Disabled Integrated Calling Feature only affects connecting to the Verizon Network with your smartwatch as A "Stand Alone Device".  You can still receive text messages and phone calls on your watch when it's Blue Tooth connected to your phone.

Can you do me a favor: Call the Verizon Customer Service Rep and have them explain to you, how you're STILL ABLE to make calls from your watch as A "Stand Alone Device" even though The Integrated Calling Feature is Disabled.  When the Rep is finished explaining the process to you; have them come to this forum and explain the process to the rest of us, because I'm curious to know how that's possible...

I just find it strange; that as long as this forum has been going on....No Verizon Rep has commented on this issue Thus Far!!

0 Likes
vchat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the update.  In that case i will keep my old S3 Gear Frontier LTE  watch since it is truly a standalone device.   So with the new Galaxy Watch you are tried to have both the watch and phone on the same network.  Which means if i purchase the  new Galaxy watch on either Verizon or T-mobile and leave either of those network my watch will not work as a standalone, i will only have bluetooth capability which for me defeats the entire purpose of standalone.

0 Likes
NYWE12

I bought the Verizon Galaxy Watch yesterday. I can confirm it has its own number and can work 100% as a standalone watch. I shut my phone off, went to the gym and made a call from my watch about 3 miles away from my house without my phone.

Not sure why JOG0277 is obsessed with telling everyone that it can't.

0 Likes
vchat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can you actually use the watch number assigned if you dont want to use your smartphone number? My ipad has it own number but its useless, no one can call me on the number and i cannot call out...

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I never said The New Galaxy Watch Couldn't make calls as "A Stand Alone Device"....Please go back and RE-READ what I wrote.  I told everyone to double  check with Verizon and MAKE SURE the watch can connect to the Verizon Network before they waste their money and purchase the watch..

0 Likes
DavidRNNV

Has anyone used this watch on a phone that is not on the compatible list?

I have an LG V20 and I don't really want to go back to the Galaxy phones anymore after 4 disappointments.

I am hoping that it will still have all the functions, although I was warned that I wouldn't have all of it, but no one can tell me exactly which functions I wouldn't have if I don't have a compatible device.

0 Likes
farwellbooth

I picked one up today/October 30, 2018 in Seattle.  They got them in store a couple days ago.  I'm coming from a Gear S2 and have been waiting a long time for this.  Unfortunately it's going back.  The heart rate sensor doesn't work while moving/working out.  I Googled this and sure enough there are massive complaints from others.  There is only one green sensor light and my Gear S2 has two sensor lights and worked great.  I track my heart during work outs and this is very important.  It works if your arm is still but that's impossible during work out.

0 Likes
ROGERBREVARD
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is a list of compatible phones for the Samsung Galaxy Watch from Verizon:

The Samsung Galaxy Watch can be paired with an eligible Android smartphone running Android 8.0 or higher & RAM 1.5GB above.

The Samsung Galaxy Watch is not compatible with The Google Pixel™ family of smartphones or iPhone®.

The following is a list of compatible devices (note: all colors and sizes are included):

• Asus ZenFone™ V Live
  • Asus ZenFone™ V
  • Kyocera DuraForce PRO
  • LG V40 ThinQ™
  • LG G7 ThinQ™
  • LG V30®
  • Motorola moto z3
  • Motorola moto g6
  • Motorola moto z2 force edition
  • Motorola moto z2 play
  • Samsung Galaxy Note9
  • Samsung Galaxy J7 V (2nd Gen.)