Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Will my wireless charging stand work on my new Droid Maxx 2?
jpacker63

I just purchased a new Motorola Maxx 2 phone and a Verizon qi wireless charging stand and the phone is not charging. Is there a setting that needs to be turned on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Trying to get my new wireless charging stand to work on my new Droid Maxx 2 phone.
Snn5
Sr. Leader

All the reviews I have seen state the Turbo 2 has wireless charging, but the battery, which is non-removable in the Maxx 2 is not capable.

Droid-Life is almost the top rated and most reliable review site:

An added bonus for the DROID Maxx 2 would be wireless charging, but alas, it is not present.

The Turbo 2 VZW site states wireless charging under Battery specs, but the Maxx 2 page does not.

IDK why Verizon states the compatibility of the Qi charging pad on their site.

If possible you might return the charging pad, but some stores do not allow the return of accessories.  If purchased online, they might accept return, even pay return shipping.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Trying to get my new wireless charging stand to work on my new Droid Maxx 2 phone.
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Maxx 2 does not have wireless charging, although using the supplied OEM charger, provides Quick Charge 2.0.

0 Likes
jpacker63

Verizon states it is compatible with this charger on their website

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

All the reviews I have seen state the Turbo 2 has wireless charging, but the battery, which is non-removable in the Maxx 2 is not capable.

Droid-Life is almost the top rated and most reliable review site:

An added bonus for the DROID Maxx 2 would be wireless charging, but alas, it is not present.

The Turbo 2 VZW site states wireless charging under Battery specs, but the Maxx 2 page does not.

IDK why Verizon states the compatibility of the Qi charging pad on their site.

If possible you might return the charging pad, but some stores do not allow the return of accessories.  If purchased online, they might accept return, even pay return shipping.

0 Likes
jpacker63

Thank you, upon further research I found on the Motorola site that this will not work.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

You're welcome, sorry it didn't work out, but at least the battery is large and the turbo charge is fast.

0 Likes