Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wireless charging!
mama23dogs

I Admit I have a gadget problem, as in I can't get enough of them.

SInce getting $500-1000 phones is out of my budget, I spiff up what I have with Add on gadgets or cool apps.

SO this past month I spent a bit of time on Amazon and ordered wireless receivers and charging pad for my Samsung phones.

They must be cool, as my sons are both envious (iPhones phbbbbbb! )

I Spent about $20 on a "cool pad" and receiver. The pad is a little smaller than my Note.  It stops charging when my phone is at 100%. image.jpg

Labels (1)
Re: Wireless charging!
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Ill look into a KoolPad myself since both my LGs have wireless charging.

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

I use the Nilikin Stone one. Also use quick chargers mainly through out the day.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Duh, only one of my phones uses Qi.  Both have 3000 mah batteries with ridiculous power-on times of 25-30 hours and I'd only ever use the pad near the bed at night, just to keep from hunting down the cable in the dark.  Smiley Happy

mama23dogs

That's exactly where mine is.  I put the cable in the car.

Neither of my phones came with Qi ability.   I had to buy the pad and this funny little black receiver.  It is just bulky enough to make getting the back of my GS3  hard to get on, and I can feel the bulge.  The Note had plenty of room for a receiver. No bulge and the back went on without issue.

i Almost spent $40 to get a Qi back cover from Samsung and another $90 on a pad.  Then I did the old head slap and checked Amazon. 

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

Same. I only use the pads at night, but never through the day. Quick chargers are far better for that.

mama23dogs

I Like the Stone chargers.   I have been looking at a couple of those on Amazon too.  They have colors, neutrals or bamboo.  My sister and Nephew have the GS3 and have birthdays coming up.  I haven't been to a Starbucks, but I hear they have Qi chargers built into the table tops.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

I haven't been to a Starbucks since Memphis....Midtown to be exact.  Not your usual SB joint let me tell you.  But, charging built into the tables...snazzy.

0 Likes
mama23dogs

Indeed!   I have never seen the ring dohicky before, just the disc on the table.

image.jpgimage.jpg

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

Doh powermat. Not  widely used standard.