ZAGG screen protector
MissTJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased the Galaxy Note 4 at Verizon less than 48 hours ago and was convinced by the salesman to purchase the ZAGG invisible shield screen protector.  In the less than two days that I've had the phone, the screen protector has already cracked about a half-inch in the bottom corner, and I haven't even dropped the phone.  I brought it to a VZW store and was told by the associate that the crack is "from being in my purse."  Well, the phone sits in an exterior pocket all by itself; there's nothing to scratch it as there's nothing else in the pocket.  I paid over $30 for this screen protector because I was told it was so tough that "someone could stab it with a pencil and it wouldn't penetrate through to the actual GN4 screen."  Instead, I've had it for less than two days and sitting solo in a purse pocket is going to scratch it?  I'm EXTREMELY disappointed in the quality of this product and the customer service I rec'd when bringing this to the attention of the VZW associate.  I expected more.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ZAGG screen protector
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Zagg has a warranty with their screen protectors. Use it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I have the exact screen protector and have had it on my note for nearly a year with no problems. I would take it back and request a new one and if not speak to a manager.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Zagg has a warranty with their screen protectors. Use it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

The reason I advised to return it is because 1. The warranty process is hideous and two, someone must have put it on wrong. Those protectors just dont "crack"

0 Likes
ok1829
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can get 3 of them for $12 on Amazon. Availing the warranty costs $6 shipping every time. It's a numbers game for Verizon. You buy a $700 phone? You want screen insurance. How much will you pay? They guess about $50. 

Zagg should refund the shipping upon receiving the broken protector from customers. That might make more sense.

0 Likes
osolis001
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately, now you have to show a proof of purchase for the zagg product. Even though you don't have to send the old zagg now to them now if you don't keep your receipt to prove that you purchased it you can't get the replacement. They don't give you any place to upload the proof of purchase until you ask for the replacement and you have to send a picture of it when you need the replacement through email. So, if you didn't buy this product from verizon that has your purchases on file and don't keep your receipts months after purchase you are out of luck and will have to buy once again. Talk about change in policy without the consumer in mind. They want you to pay more.

0 Likes