Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluetooth headset not working properly after latest update
pgmiller6

II would like to be able t o refuse updates to my phone. It seems the techs don't know what they are doing or don't  completly test new software. My bt250 was working properly until upgrade was done now will not connect unless I power on screen and unlock when trying to call out. This kind of defeats the purpose of hands free operation. Not happy!!!  Spent nearly five hours saving everything and deleting operating system and reloading and still did not fix the problem. Ever heard of if ain't broke don't fix it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: bluetooth headset not working properly after latest update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
pgmiller6, this would have me just as upset and frustrated. With new software updates, Bluetooth Stacks can become updated to keep up with the latest advances with the technology. This can cause issues with older devices at times. By chance, have you tried contacting Jabra's software support team?

http://spr.ly/6587hZ8Z

If you use the Jabra FreeSpeak BT250 model, they may still have the firmware needed which may help bring back the normal usage you are used to. (especially if you headsest was never updated in the past.)

Let us know if they were able to help.

NicandroN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

It's been awhile since I had a Bluetooth headset; aren't they able to plug into your computer via usb cable? At which point you can make sure the software is up to date?

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

You can plug a BT into a USB port to charge, but typically, the headset and the device paired with it only need to be the same version or compatible BT version.  Headsets...I have never seen an update for and if a BT is used with a PC, the PC has generic drivers.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

That got me thinking and I looked up the BT250; earliest review I found was 2004; latest 2007. It's a bit old according to Amazon.

0 Likes