Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charger no longer works
hrpeach

the charger that came with my 5c stopped working.  i would get a message saying "this accessory may not be supported by this device."  i bought a new charger and received the same message.  However, my phone can be charged with my car charger with no problem.  any ideas what might be the issue because it is really a pain to charge in my car each day.  thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: charger no longer works
Weth
Sr. Leader

Did you buy an Apple charger or a third party charger? What about the cord, did you get a new cord and is it an Apple cord or third party cord? Some third party products can have trouble if they are not 100% compliant with Apple's specifications and licensing.

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You could also have a problem with the charging port on your phone.

kaebfly
Leader

Look at this article from Apple. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203030

Only time I ever saw this when charging my iPhone using Apple provided charger was when there was an issue with the wall charger they sent out in boxes and they replaced them with units that had a green dot. Can't recall what the issue was but even though that message popped up my iPhone still charged with no issue.

hrpeach

Thanks - I did buy another Apple charger with no luck.  And actually - I believe that my car charger (that works) is not Ape.  So weird.

0 Likes
hrpeach

Do you know if that is something I can fix myself?  Thanks

0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

Is your iPhone out of warranty? If not and there isn't any liquid damage to void the warranty then Apple will fix it.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

You can also do a quick internet search for options on how to fix the port yourself if you think that's the issue. Example:http://m.flipsy.com/blog/14/09/iPhone-5C-Charging-Port-Repair-Guide

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

hrpeach wrote:

Do you know if that is something I can fix myself?  Thanks

If you are asking this question, it is probably not a good idea for you to try. Those that can fix such an item probably know whether or not they can do so. They would also know how to troubleshoot the device to determine if this is in fact the problem.

You asking this question would lead me to believe you are not one of those people.

Not such a good idea with an expensive piece of delicate electronic equipment if you don't know what you are doing.Smiley Happy

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
It's very important to be able to charge your phone. We can look into warranty replacement options. SI there  any physical or moisture damage?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes