Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
headphones - Only one side works
jim63047

New to Verizon here. First, I bought a pre-owned Galaxy Note 3 and one side of the headphones does not work. I have tried 3 sets of headphones which all work on my other phone so this phone needs to go back. I know I can send it back but now that my number has been ported over from T-Mobile....... I won't have a phone! Nice.

After 4 calls to support from my land line and being hung up on by the support team, I find Verizon's support a joke. 30 minutes of calls for nothing. It's really a simple issue, send me another phone that works and I will send this one back!  But........ I doubt they will even read this. Oh and FedEx delivered it at 11:25 PM! Really??? Glad I was still up.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: headphones  - Only one side works
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Uhh, no, they are supposed to send you a replacement and you return your defective unit in the box provided with the label inside that box.  That's how it has always worked for me.  You might want to follow up on that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

So, you bought the phone from Verizon and ported your number as well?  I'm not sure why you are having issues with returning a defective phone.  To my understanding, even CPO devices from Verizon have the one year warranty on them.  I might be wrong, but still, did you buy this online from Verizon or elsewhere?

0 Likes
jim63047

I bought it from Verizon via the website. They shipped it to me and I just want to swap it out but boy, really bad experience with them

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Yeah, you just have to keep at them about it.  Why are they not allowing a return?

0 Likes
jim63047

They will allow it but then I don't have a phone! I would like them to send me a repalcement and then I will return mine. But they just said to send it back! I don't get it

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Uhh, no, they are supposed to send you a replacement and you return your defective unit in the box provided with the label inside that box.  That's how it has always worked for me.  You might want to follow up on that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, jim63047. We certainly want you to be on a working phone. When we process a warranty replacement on behalf of a manufacturer, you would only send in the defective phone after receiving the replacement. This is the same way with Asurion replacements (if you have phone insurance on the line). Here's a helpful link with that information too: http://vz.to/1PFAt89 . What I'd like to know is where are you being told the phone has to be sent in before getting a replacement? And do you have prepaid service, or postpay?
RussellM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: headphones - Only one side works
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Welcome to the Verizon family jim63047. We definitely know how important it is to have a working phone at all times. We can go over your options to have your phone replaced. I have sent you a private message. Please respond to that message.

I will also send feedback for Fedex. They should be delevering during their normal shipping hours. Thank you for letting us know that happened.

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: headphones - Only one side works
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Snn5 wrote:

That is normally for a warranty return. If the OP is within the 1st 14 days of purchase it will be replaced with a new unit and the exchange process may work differently than a warranty exchange.

To the OP: have you tried doing an exchange at a store?

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

CPO devices have warranty periods with them.  At 3 weeks or more out, there could be no return or exchange, and a CPO would be replaced with a CPO.  But, OP hasn't returned to respond in 3 weeks time.

0 Likes