Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
how to delete messages from wear 24
EDDAUB71

My wear24 does not delete messages + after they are deleted from my S8.  I have soft reset and all still remain.  I have factory reset, then receive messages, delete them from S8, but they all still remain on wear 24 watch.  They remain no matter turning cellular or wifi on or off.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: how to delete messages from wear 24
EDDAUB71

For all:  After speaking with IT Support, they have now CONFIRMED that it is a "ghosting" message + issue with their server communicating with the watch loading messages onto the watch and not allowing them to be deleted even though they are deleted from the cell phone.  They have had numerous complaints about this and are aware of our concerns.  Their engineers are working on a software update which should be available in the next week.  This should resolve the issue of not being able to delete the messages from Wear24 and preventing the "ghosting" messages to reappear.  Now, just have to wait and see.  Hopefully it works.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for reaching out to us, EDDAUB71.  Let's figure this out together. Do you have an application installed on your phone that allows you to manage this device?

TabithaJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mtroulis

I have the same problem. I have a Note 4 with message+ version 6.4.35 installed. I also have Android Wear version 2.0.0.1554 installed and my Wear24 shows up as connected.

When I delete the messages off my Note 4, they do not delete off my Wear24. I'm using Message+ on my Wear24, but I don't know which version it is. There doesn't seem to be any way to show the version number.

How do I delete the messages off my Wear24?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That's a great question mtroulis. I know how important it is to be able to manage your messages directly from your Wear24. If you press and hold the text, do you get an option to delete the message?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mtroulis

No. Press and hold on message text does nothing.

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017, 1:20 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for getting back to us with these details. Can you try the same steps but using the stock messenger application on the device? We want isolate the problem. We can always set the message+ application as your default application.

BobbyN_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mtroulis

I switched to the stock messenger on my Note 4 and deleted all the

remaining messages. All of my messages are still on my Wear24. I rebooted

both the phone and the Wear24 and all the messages are still on the Wear24.

I tried a long press on the messages on the Wear24 again and nothing

happened. The messages are just accumulating on the Wear24 no matter what I

do on the phone. Please advise.

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 1:47 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We appreciate you following the steps. Since it's still not syncing, we will need to reset the device. This link will provide the proper steps:https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-209362/. Please retest afterwards.

BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
mtroulis

I reset my Wear24 as per your instructions. It brought over several

messages that were on my phone. I deleted the messages off of my phone, but

they remained on the Wear24. I rebooted my phone and the messages remained.

I tried the long press on the Wear24, but nothing happened. Resetting my

Wear24 to factory defaults did not fix the problem. I still cannot delete

messages off my Wear24.

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 3:10 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We appreciate you going through the steps for us. I apologize for the outcome. I tried to verify if I sent the proper link to you. I was unsuccessful because it wouldn't open. If the watch was reset, all details should have been removed. Were these the steps followed:https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-209363/?BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes