Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
"Calling Setup" app on Android Wear 2.0 not working
jedanielee

Watch apps are supposed to be compatible with Android Wear. Verizon actively markets Verizon Messages (or Message+) as cross-platform to included, "even smart watches."

The fact is that Verizon Messages (VM+), in fact, WORKED on my Dark Blue LG Watch Sport (LG-W280). Not only was I able to install it on my LG-W280, because of VM+, I was able to make/take calls, send/receive texts and use LTE data, independently, on my watch. Yes, my phone would be off, miles away at home... Unfortunately, after the Wear 2.0 update, everything broke.

The thing is, if you open the Google Play Store app on your watch, you can scroll down to the "Apps on your phone" section. You'll notice that VM+ is not listed there. However, if you swipe down from the top the watch, there are several menu icons. The one on the left (white boxes with 9 dots) is for "My Apps." Tap that and scroll down to the bottom and you'll see that "Message+" is "INSTALLED." However, obviously, you cannot access the app for some reason.

So, I've been able to get VM+ working on my LG-W280 again; however, not entirely like it used to work. This process involves using ADB. If someone's interested in how I got the VM+ app to "work," I'll take the time to write up how I did it. However, the issue I'm having is that the related "Calling Setup" app (which is not visible until you get the VM+ app to show up).

Previously, I was able to use the watch independently of my phone by entering in my phone's number while going through the Calling Setup app. For some reason, now, the Calling Setup app does not let me change the number associated with the watch to "number sync" with my phone and fails at step 4/5 by giving me the error, "Provision Failed - unable to setup Integrated Calling on your account at this time. Please try again later."

Anyone have any insights on how to enter my number during this process?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "Calling Setup" app on Android Wear 2.0 not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jedanielee, 

I'm sorry to learn of these issues and would love to help. You mentioned that you are not able to see this applications. Please go to the Play Store and search for the application to see if it shows that it's installed or not. If not, please install it. 

Concerning your watch, when was the Wear 2.0 update? To confirm, the issue with the watch started immediately after this update? Please clarify some more details for me. 

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOG0277
Novice

The Integrated calling feature has been recently DISABLED by Verizon.  They claim it's to resolve a technical issue with the network (see link below)...They don't give any specific time frame of when the feature will be available again.

I also have an LG Watch Sport and I have the same issue...The reason The Verizon Message App No longer Works on Andriod Wear; is because there's a bug in the Andriod Software that blocks the Verizon App from Working.  Verizon & Google both claim they're working on resolving this issue; but I've haven't seen an progress.  In the meantime you can check my page for a temporary solution to this issue.

Re: Integrated Calling on Message Plus App stopped Working

0 Likes
BOBOHOOD

hi,

what was your temporary solution? i dont see a link to your page.

0 Likes
JOG0277
Novice

I'm not sure what type of smartwatch you have or if it's able to make phone calls as a Stand Alone Device.  But what I do know is; if you have any Android Wear Software installed on your watch, that's newer than 2.0; then you will have a problem getting the Verizon App to work on your watch.  That's because the newer software upgrades have a Bug in the software that blocks the Verizon App from working on your watch, so you won't be able to receive any text messages on your watch...And even if you were to somehow figure out a way to get the Verizon App to work on your watch; you still won't be able to make any phone calls on your watch, because Verizon disabled the Integrated Calling on their App; so can't make any phone calls on your smartwatch or tablet.  I've found a temporary solution that will at least allow you to receive text messages  on your watch and tablet (but it won't allow phone calls)...You can either click on my link below or Just click on my Avitar and read my Topic: "Issues with Verizon message App on Andriod Wear Oreo"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Issues with Verizon Message App on Andriod Wear Oreo                                                                                                                                                                 

0 Likes