New Phone --- Suddenly Cannot do Two Factor Authorization
gkski
Enthusiast - Level 3

This week I traded my iPhone 8 for an iPhone 13 Mini and activated successfully. Now when I try to logon to VZW.com from my laptop, and choose the SMS two factor authorization, I get the message, "  We're unable to verify your phone. Please sign in using your password. "

This was not the case days ago when I was using my iPhone 8 on the same number.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Phone --- Suddenly Cannot do Two Factor Authorization
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi gkski! My name is Salma, and I am your customer service expert, ready to help! I hope you are enjoying the holidays.
It will be my pleasure to assist you today, in order to proceed I just need to access and verify your account through our secure channel. Can you please click on the link? 

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services, so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note that the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:https://www.verizonwireless.com/campaign/smauth

>Salma

0 Likes
gkski
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure if I was to open the link on my iPhone or on my laptop, but the link did not work. The problem I am having is authenticating with two factor authentication when using VZW.com from my laptop.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Is your new iPhone 13 mini activated already?

>Salma

0 Likes
gkski
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, indeed. I've been using is successfully for 3 days now. It is recognized as my phone in VZW..com, SMS and iText work fine. It's as if one last item has not been completed by Verizon online.

I have turned off two factor authorization, then turned it back on, but same issue.

0 Likes
gkski
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can my account on VZW.com be reset so that I can once again use two-factor authorization? As I said above, I have tried turning off 2FA and on again and still receive the message,

gkski_0-1671117433458.png  We're unable to verify your phone. Please sign in using your password. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this.  To clarify, does this issue only happen on your laptop now or other devices?  Are you still experiencing this same issue now?

-Sean

0 Likes
gkski
Enthusiast - Level 3

It happens on the VZW.com homepage from multiple laptops and MacBooks.  The associated html for the sign in link is;

https://secure.verizon.com/signin and going this route causes the problem. User is not allowed two-factor and instead has to answer one of the questions.

Now, because I just activated an iPhone upgrade, Verizon sent me an EMail yesterday. In the EMail there is a login link, however the html associated with this link is;

https://secure.verizon.com/vzauth/UI/Login and using this link does direct one through two-factor authenitcation.

So, I guess the question is, why is the login link on the VZW.com homepage not the same as the Login link on VZW's email communications?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to find our more.  A private message is being sent to you now.

-Sean

0 Likes
gkski
Enthusiast - Level 3

Private messages unreadable on my MacBook and Windows 11 laptop as they are hidden by your lower boundary box. Please use my EMail address, which you have.

Better yet, try the 2 links I provided and see for yourselt.

0 Likes