Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4G LTE jetpac question
montemorris

Our RV is currently parked in North Dakota, 2 miles from the Canadian border. The 4G LTE Jetpac reception is not what it has been in this location in past years. On 4G, I barely get one bar but do get 4 bars on 3G. I've reset it several times. We cannot get an internet connection very often on 4G, but can on 3G, but much slower than normal. Is there a way to get it to lock in on only 3G? Any other suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE jetpac question
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

montemorris,

We can relate to your need for speed. What zip code is your RV in? Let's take a look at coverage in the area. Which make/model jetpack are you using? Is your jetpack only giving you troubles at this location?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
montemorris

Thanks for the quick response, KatiM.

The Jetpack model is a 4G LTE  890L. The zip code we're in is  58271, Pembina, ND. The jetpack is only giving us problems here, and we've brought the jetpack here each year that we've had it, with no problems. The only difference is this year we are 40 yards away from where we always park.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

See page 17 of the User Manual:

https://scache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/vzw_890_jetpack/eufi_890_manual.pdf

Here you will find steps to update the WAN settings on your Jetpack.  Set the GSM mode to manual.  Once you apply this setting the Jetpack should show you the available networks in that area.  Find the 3G option and connect the Jetpack directly to it.  3G networks will be either GSM or CDMA, only 4G LTE will be displayed as LTE.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

> The only difference is this year we are 40 yards away from where we always park.

If there is no signal where you are parked then there is no signal.  The park may have special arrangements with the local towers to provide 4G LTE in a certain area, you may happen to be on the edge of it.  To confirm you can simply walk or drive back over to where you know there is good service.  See if the Jetpack can pick it up and perform normally to compare. If it works fine in old location then the Jetpack is operating as expected and this has become a service problem.

To improve service problems you can explore amplifiers and antennas.  An excellent resource on the subject can be found here: http://3gstore.com/page/13_will_an_antenna_help_me.html

0 Likes