Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4g Lte Router is slow
Smartymithun

I got a new Sim card and got it activated but can't really use it as my download speed is .05mb when my iPhone and tablet download at 15 to 20 mbps I am in a perfect signal area with 5 bars of LTE coverage. I have tried a new router with the same results I just don't get it. I'm using this to stream directv now and it won't load the stream. If I Hotspot my phone it works great but I want to be able to use the router. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4g Lte Router is slow
7e18n1

Are you using an Ethernet connection?

Have you reset the router to factory defaults?

Have you disabled IPv6 in the router after reset?

0 Likes
Smartymithun

Yes using Ethernet and just reset to factory and disabled ipv6 and same results.  In doing the speed test after a reboot or reset the download speed starts at about 5 or 6 mb but after being on for about 15 min it drops to about .05mbps doing the same test on my phone brings in about 20 mbps.  Same result on wifi or ethernet

0 Likes
Smartymithun

I should also mention when doing the speed test the download will be .5 to 1mb where the upload is always close to 6Mbps

0 Likes
7e18n1

OK, try this; Content Delivery Optimization, if in Settings > Advanced > Networks, disable it--I think this is a Jetpack feature so the T1114 may not have it.

That's all I can think of, others might have suggestions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for reaching out to us in this community forum, Smartymithun. We want to make sure you have the best connection available. Are you still experiencing issues? Are any other devices experiencing slow speeds or interrupted services? How any signal bars does your device show?

JavierMD_VZW  Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Smartymithun

As I mentioned in my original post I have 5 bars of signal and my other devices are downloading at about 20mbps and the router crawls at .05mbps. I have moved the router around the apt and I found a place where it has been working a bit better not sure why this works different than my iPhone and Galaxy Tablet.