Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
5G Verizon G3100 Router. How to create MAC whitelist for users only?
sargeant63

I would like to limit the MAC addresses allowed to access the internet.  My son is constantly changing his MAC address to avoid parental controls.   The computer is connected via Ethernet.  

I have tried a number of solutions but hope to create an allowed list of MAC addresses.

Please help.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: 5G Verizon G3100 Router. How to create MAC whitelist for users only?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Have you tried the option to block devices listed in the manual already? 

https://scache.vzw.com/dam/support/pdf/5g/5g-home-router-user-manual.pdf

Otherwise, you might have use another device between this device and the user devices to control what has access. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sargeant63

I am using a G3100 Verizon Router.  The menu is different from the link you provided.  I have tried using Network Objects to create a MAC Whitelist.  I am not able to see the Whitelist contents afterwards. 

I appreciate your help. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

@sargeant63 wrote:

I am using a G3100 Verizon Router.  The menu is different from the link you provided.  I have tried using Network Objects to create a MAC Whitelist.  I am not able to see the Whitelist contents afterwards. 

I appreciate your help. 

As in the router you would get with Verizon Fios service? If so, you posted your question in the wrong forum. You need the Verizon Residential forums instead. https://forums.verizon.com/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes