Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
AC791L Jetpack with Static IP Doesn't Respond to Ping
jhframe

I got a static IP address for my AC791L Jetpack.  However, when I try to ping it from outside the network, all I get are timeouts.  Shouldn't the Jetpack respond to ping requests?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: AC791L Jetpack with Static IP Doesn't Respond to Ping
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

If you purchased or setup a public IP Address from VZW for your Jetpack then yes, it should be responding to Ping.  I'm not aware of any Jetpacks that have ICMP or Ping responses disabled by default.  You may want to check with VZW on this one to confirm they have everything configured correctly.  If you learn that ICMP/PING is disabled on a public IP for this Jetpack then please let us know so we can share with others.

jhframe

Not sure it's related, but in the process of configuring the Jetpack I managed to basically brick it.  I disabled front panel access, but upon reboot it wouldn't connect to an external device.  There doesn't appear to be a hardware reset mechanism like a pinhole switch or key combination.  After chatting online with tech support, they recommended that I take it in to a Verizon store, which I did.  The tech there tried to figure out a way to reset it, but finally gave up and ordered a new one.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you so much for keeping us posted and I apologize for this inconvenience you are having with your static IP. Glad to hear it was replaced and I'm confident it will be working properly. Here's how to complete the factory data reset on this device if you need it in the future. http://vz.to/2ccGY9H Please keep us posted when you receive your replacement and let us know if you have any additional questions for us.

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jhframe

GersonG_VZW:

I'm sure your post was well-intentioned, but the document you linked offers only two ways to reset the AC791L:  via the front panel controls (which, as noted above, I had disabled), or via a connected device (and as noted above, mine wouldn't connect to any devices).  As far as I know -- and as far as the two Verizon techs I consulted know -- there's no hardware reset option, like a pinhole switch, for resetting the device.  It appears that Netgear made it surprisingly easy for a user to turn the AC791L into a useless brick.

0 Likes