Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Any way to stop Emails from texting me period?
Yukidust

Legit do not need any email sending me texts and with those it don't matter if you block one. Your gonna end up with 50 more emails texting you.  my old LG phone was able to completely stop the emails from sending texts 😕 but not this one?

Is there an option to just stop emails completely? Also is this in the right thread?

I have a Samsung Galaxy A03s

0 Likes
Re: Any way to stop Emails from texting me period?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Yukidust, Spam text messages drive me absolutely crazy, and I use to get spam messages from email domains as well.  The great news is you can block emails and domains from texting you on our block services.  You will find all the information to set up the block for email and domains here: https://www.verizon.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/  The information can be found at question 1.  I have this block setup on my account and I can confirm it has helped tremendously.

-Santo

0 Likes
Yukidust

Does not help when I can't find "Block Emails and Domains" anywhere on the site besides broken links and mentions of it. I did google it before making a post for help on it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Good day, Yukidust. You came to the right place for assistance. Please follow the instructions at this link (https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-200868/) to block emails and domains. Let us know if this resolves your concerns. -Antonio

0 Likes
dtmuller

You will find that checking that box to block texts from e-mail doesn't really work. It blocks only messages sent to <your number> @ vtext.com. But it does not block messages sent to <your number> @ vzwpix.com, which will go to your phone as a multimedia text message.

I've tried to explain this to Verizon tech support, but I can't get anyone to listen to me. Antonio, how about you?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. I see what you mean.  I will lift this information up about our blocking emails option. We want to ensure we look into the email blocking functions and if we need to offer further options. We apologize for any confusion this has caused. 

-Rodney

0 Likes
dtmuller

Thanks for responding! Please do pass this along. It's a simple and very easy fix to implement and will make a huge difference.

0 Likes