Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Are there porting issues with the Novatel T2000 wireless home phone?
dm28501

I purchased Wireless Home Phone service about 4 months ago and it was working perfectly.  I signed up for the service to replace my AT&T Wireless Home phone service.  For the past 4 months, I had both Verizon and AT&T wireless home phone service simultaneously because I did not want to port out my AT&T number to Verizon until I was sure the Verizon service worked well.

After 4 months I was really impressed with Verizon's Wireless Home Phone service.   So yesterday I decided to port out my AT&T number to Verizon and stick with Verizon's service.  Since the port completed, periodically my phone won't ring on incoming calls, they go to Voicemail (not all the time) when the display on the box clearly indicates I have 4 bars and 4G/LTE service.  I did a hard reset and it is doing this again.  

I did not have this problem before the port.  The only way to fix this is to power down the device or to make an outgoing call.  I had this same problem back in 2015 when I was with Verizon using the old Home Phone Connect device.  It took Verizon 1-2 months to resolve it.  I was told that a software glitch in the cell towers was causing my device to "go to sleep".  

But in this case I am wondering if it's the port that is causing problems because this never happened to me before.  The only other thing I noticed is that before the port my Novatel T2000 was running on 1.5.4.001 software and now it updated to 1.5.8.001 software as of yesterday.  I am afraid to rely on this device as my sole landline since I am missing incoming calls.

0 Likes
Re: Are there porting issues with the Novatel T2000 wireless home phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Dm28501, making sure my port goes through properly is crucial. I will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me some details on if you still have the AT&T service powered on? If so, what happens when you leave it off and restart your home phone connect? Also, confirm for me what zip code are you in?-Rodney

0 Likes
dm28501

Hello, the problem resolved itself so I assume it was a porting issue.  The device is working fine.  I am having another problem however, and it's not only from my Novatel T2000 but from any Verizon Wireless phone.  Whenever I call a Comcast/Xfinity number, there is only one ring and then silence.  

However, the person's phone that I am calling continues to ring normally.  So basically, if I make a call and hear one ring only and then silence, I still remain on the line until they answer.  But this is confusing because at first, I would not know to keep waiting for them to answer.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for the update, dm28501. I'm glad to see that the inital issue has been resolved (by itself) and your device works fine now. Now for that issue with calls to numbers of a specific carrier. Have you tried multiple numbers for that carrier and you experience the same with all numbers, or this happens only with specific contacts?

Carrier also has mobile service, does this issue occur with residential numbers or mobile numbers?

-Antonio

0 Likes