Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asurion Replacement Phone Not In Verizon Database
cmduval448

Once you get a replacement phone from Asurion, their phone is not added into Verizon's database. I'm in the middle of trying to trade in my phone for $550 off a new one and they are saying this to me. I would think that because they partner with each other that they can add my new phone from Asurion into Verizon's database. I will never use Asurion again, as the first three phones they sent me on a single claim were refurbished phones that did not stay charged. This is why I requested it be a brand new phone the last time around. This was annoying since it takes time to set up each new phone, now it's disappointing to find that I may not qualify for a trade-in because of this. Just add in at the time of activation please!

0 Likes
Re: Asurion Replacement Phone Not In Verizon Database
Tigerstep

Only decent insurance I've seen is Apple Care if you're an iPhone user. Working with Asurion is awful.

0 Likes
Airman720

Asurion does have its own inventory, typically it can not be seen or tracked through any of Verizon's methods. I have seen some issues where the device does not get activated correctly upon receiving it (SIM error or some other error) as long as the device ID matches the one showing active with that phone number that's all that can happen in the Verizon system. Reach out to technical support or your local store if it is an activation issue. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

cmduval448, we want to ensure you're able to use your device as trade-in as needed. While the device you've gotten from Asurion may not have been in our database, you can request it to be added if the device you received was an unlocked device versus a VZW branded one. Did you make a request with a rep to have the device added?

0 Likes