Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asurion service is worthless and a rip off
Ramai

Verizon just added 15 dollars a month to my bill for Verizon home advisor.  It is supposed to be 24 x 7.  When i used the app last night the service was down.  When i finally got thru today after chatting with somebody for 5 minutes he tried to upsell me on additional service and when I was not interested just stopped responding to my chat.  I finally found the number on the Verizon site, which was not easy not easy to do.  Finally, after passing me on to a Verizon person it takes ten minutes to find my account and admit I am now signed up.  The web site says they install smart thermostats and that the service fee is waived if you get the service now.  Except they have no technicians and cannot offer the free installation again.    The app sends me a message after 45 minutes that somebody else is on the line.  When I ask about installing the smart thermostat the person on the other end insisted they do not do it.  Yet the Verizon web site says something different.  Any thoughts on how to raise this with Verizon.  I was not given a choice about getting this service and now I found it that it does not honor what Verizon says.