Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Billing
Prattb7

I just added a phone to my more everything  unlimited plan and when it showed up, until paperwork there is a $40 line access charge. What is this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Billing
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Line access charge is the charge for having a smartphone activated on a line, not the initial activation charge.  You pay a line charge $40 plus a fee for the data allotment you decided on, and then if you have a device payment agreement, that is added to the overall bill. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Prattb7

I got it from Verizons website

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Line access charge is the charge for having a smartphone activated on a line, not the initial activation charge.  You pay a line charge $40 plus a fee for the data allotment you decided on, and then if you have a device payment agreement, that is added to the overall bill. 

0 Likes
Prattb7

OK so the 40 is a one time charge then the payment agreement is added to my bill

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

No, line access charges are EVERY month.  Did you add this line as a contract line or Device Payment Device?  No contract plans have a $20 access fee.  Maybe you were looking at another line on your account that is under contract.

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

Did you pay full retail, reduced contract price, or monthly device payments?  How much data do you have on your account ?  

IF you bought full retail, you must ask for month to month discount, if there are no contracts on that line to get $15 or $25 discount

if it is contract buy the access is $40/month plus a $40 upgrade fee

if it is payment plan then access will be $15 or $25

keep in mind with the discount options above, it will show up on the bill as $40 with a $15 or $25 discount shown somewhere else. 

IF it is a new line, there is a $40 new line charge One time. 

0 Likes