Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Broadband Router -- Max Devices
newrivergal

I saw on one of the spec sheets that max devices connected is 10 on the broadband router with voice. (via wifi or connected)

I have 22.  (most are smart home devices that don't push or pull a lot of data)

Periodically my devices seem to "fall off the network", (like they couldn't get an IP address from DHCP).

All devices show connected, none show "blocked".  (Though some devices have a different "block" button than others -- why?)

Is there a true limit on this device?  If so, is there any plan to raise it?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Broadband Router -- Max Devices
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Newrivergal

It really is amazing the amount of connected devices that are coming out. As with any consumer level device, there will be physical limits to how much processing anything can take. Since this device is rated to only handle up to 10 devices at a time, anything greater than that can cause stability issues as the router is working more than intended to provide service to each of your components.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Broadband Router -- Max Devices
newrivergal

Is there any change to this device count? Does the newer router support a larger number?

0 Likes