Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Broadband router with voice
hartmannlm42

I have a 4G lte broadband router with voice. Caller Id does not work with WIFI on attatched Panasonic answering machine. Chat with Verizon confirmed Called ID will not work with WIFI active on router. Can see no way via params to turn it off. Anybody have a solution?@

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Broadband router with voice
7e18n1

Manufacturers tend to denied warranty claims involving power connectors, because under normal conditions they do not fail within the warranty period.

> In order to get the charging process to start, I have to move the jetpack around to find the right position for the cord to connect properly.

The power connector is loose and not because of a manufacture’s defect.

I’d get a new Jetpack if I were you.

0 Likes
7e18n1

Sorry, that wasn't meant for you and the system won't let me delete it.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

I understand very little about the 4G broadband router with voice but it sounds silly that caller ID is linked to WiFi in any kind of way.  You might just want to try calling into VZW again to see if you can get a better rep.  Something may have been taken out of context from your first conversation.

When connecting an answering machine you would want to hook it into a phone port on the 4G LTE router.  If that port has a dial tone in any way or another then the answering machine will be able to pickup and answer just like any other handset in the phone connected to that device. 

Or you could just get rid of your answering machine and purchase/configure a voicemail system with Verizon instead.  That way its already on the line and ready to go, just need to dial into the the voicemail system from a connected phone and away you go.