Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Call Fowarding
mwarren2020

I'm freaked out. My LTE Internet Installed Technicolor TG 790 Router with phone service unsupported has been forwarding calls to a number in North Carolina. I find this unacceptable because I have no business in North Carolina and why my router would foward any call, whether by port or phone, is beyond my comprehension. I've been suspecting, detecting and fearing intrusions for months. How can I stop the illegal device access? I'm tired of watching the watcher watch me. Can anyone hear me now?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Call Fowarding
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

>  I find this unacceptable because I have no business in North Carolina and why my router would foward any call

How do you know its your home router that is forwarding the call?  That does not sound like a feature of any home router that I am familiar with.  There's a chance the auto forwarding is some feature on one of your individual phones.

>  I've been suspecting, detecting and fearing intrusions for months.

More likely that something was misconfigured somewhere.  If someone were actively monitoring your communication they wouldn't do so in a way that was so obvious to detect.

Best thing you can do right now is reset the Home router back to the defaults and reconfigure it to your environment.  This would wipe out any accidental configuration changes made on the home router level that could be responsible for such a feature.

Next step is to go through and reset your phones to the defaults too.  This one takes much more effort and will require you to backup your data first.

Once everything is set back to default and the calls are still getting auto forwarded then I'd start to be concerned about some shenaniganry.

0 Likes