Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can I add a texting plan to grandfathered unlimited data plan?
Flowergirl12

I am a long time Verizon customer who has maintained the early unlimited data plan.  I currently pay for each text message sent or received.  I would like to add a small texting plan but am unable to find where to add that feature.  Can anyone help?  I called Verizon today and the customer service rep was totally confused about this possibility.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Adding texting plan to grandfathered unlimited data plan
tnp21

I also had problems trying to change my messaging both online at vzw.com and with the app on my phone.  Neither allowed me to make the changes, or even see the options.  I stumbled on this link:

http://mobile.vzw.com/hybridClient/index.html?launchapp

It is an online version of the app on the phone.  I was able to change the messaging here - it is under features.  I believe the problem we are having is due to the age of our plans.

Hope it works for you too. 

Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Log into your MyVerizon account and it should be available somewhere under "manage my plan" or "change features". The older the plan you have, the harder it will be to find a CS rep which is knowledgeable about it.

Flowergirl12

I did try to log into MyVerizon and several times tried to "manage my plan" but the system would not let me access that feature, which I have been able to do in the past.  It just kept cycling and reading "please wait while we access your account".  I called customer service again and connected with a very helpful man who understood my dilemma and was able to help me.  The less expensive plans ($5) are no longer an option but I was able to get 1000 messages for $10.  This is far more than I need but will save me money in the long run. Thanks rcshnoor for your help.

tnp21

I also had problems trying to change my messaging both online at vzw.com and with the app on my phone.  Neither allowed me to make the changes, or even see the options.  I stumbled on this link:

http://mobile.vzw.com/hybridClient/index.html?launchapp

It is an online version of the app on the phone.  I was able to change the messaging here - it is under features.  I believe the problem we are having is due to the age of our plans.

Hope it works for you too. 

Good luck!

0 Likes