Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can I ditch my landline internet service and use a network extender & hotspot instead?
spamelina

I live in a rural area with lousy landline internet access but a pretty good cell signal. I've heard that a person can use the combination of internet extender & jetpack for internet access. Is that correct, or do I need to have DSL in order to use the network extender?

And is it necessary to spend $250 for a network extender? It looks like they ordinarily run around $50. Why is the Verizon one so steep?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Can I ditch my landline internet service and use a network extender & hotspot instead?
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

The network extender requires a landline internet connection to function correctly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Re: Can I ditch my landline internet service and use a network extender & hotspot instead?
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

The network extender requires a landline internet connection to function correctly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

spamelina

OK-thanks!

0 Likes