Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can I use a existing "plan" phone on a Prepay account?
19Robert68

Wife wants me off her plan. As my contract under her was renewed in August. What needs to happen? What are the penalties for early termination? Or should i just have my own "Plan" account? Prepay looks a bit cheaper and i never use more that half of  one gig anyway on data... wifi is most places.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I use a existing "plan" phone on a Prepay account?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Since you are under contract, the best option currently is during an Assumption of Liability to transfer the billing responsibility from your wife to your name and a new postpaid VZW account. You will still remain under contract, but you will keep your device, phone number and avoid the Early Termination Fee.

Once you are out of contract, then you can choose to switch to a prepaid plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
19Robert68

Okay she says she has called and now i need to call. How can i get thru without a password? Just really confused about this procedure. I want to do the Assumption of Liability. I have called and maybe i am not trying to connect to the correct department?  Can you walk me thru this in baby steps? Call the tech line and push what number? Sorry for the hassel.

Robert Pickard

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

It might be easier to handle at a corporate store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes