Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect IP camera to midi 5510
HGinspring

I have a microseven up camera, a wisp capable tl 3040 and the midi 5510. I want to set up at remote location. Everything is fine on the intranet but I have tried to port forward with no luck. Looking for suggestions to try.  Maybe ddns?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Connect IP camera to midi 5510
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We all want to make sure we are fully utilizing all the features with our devices HGinspring. Glad to hear that you are enjoying your device and that the internet is working correctly for you. Are you using the Mifi 5510L hotspot? When trying to search the model number provided, this was the closest device I could match. For the 5510L, the port forwarding feature is not available. Sorry about that! Here is a link for you to make sure this is same device that you are using: http://vz.to/1Kir07d.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Connect IP camera to midi 5510
7e18n1

I’ll assume your idea is   Camera <> TL3040 <> Mifi5510L   with no additional hardware, correct? The idea is good, unfortunately port forwarding doesn’t actually work on Verizon mobile hotspots without a public facing static IP address. The only other solution is to find a service provider with a hotspot and a public IP address, but since most are using AT&T or Verizon that might be difficult.