Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deactivate account after 5 months of inactivity?
tfirma99

Before I purchased my JetPack, and setup my account, I specifically asked the salesperson if I could just hold onto my JetPack indefinitely and use it only while camping (twice a year).   I asked if there were any issues with inactivity or if there were charges, etc. for not using the device for a period of time.  I was assured that everything would be fine if I were just to purchase a prepaid package when I needed it.

Today I received an email that my account was "de-enrolled".    I was on Twitter with Verizon Customer Support, I called various phone numbers... After almost TWO HOURS I finally got a rep on the phone who explained :

"If you don't use your device for about five months, Verizon deactivates your account.   You really should purchase a package every few months in order to prevent that from happening."     I couldn't believe it.   So, after lots of discussion, he agreed to "re-activate" my account...with a new phone number and I had to go through the entire setup process again.... Of course, now I can't use my same login ID or email, because apparently THOSE are still in the system, so I had to go through the hassle of using a new email address, etc.

Extremely bogus --- especially being mislead from the beginning....  

Labels (1)
0 Likes