Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Delay
newknox

I have wireless at&t phones connected to my home phone connect system.  My problem is the speed at which the system responses. I dial a number and it takes 4 to 8 seconds before I hear a dial tone. Is the problem in my F256VW home phone connect or are my at&t  wireless phones?

Labels (1)
Re: Delay
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

newknox   It is important to make sure your Verizon  Wireless device is working as it should. While we don't have a way to troubleshoot your AT&T phones, we'll do our best and help with your Home Phone Connect device. How long have the calls been delayed?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
newknox

Every since I purchased this Home Connection device ( 1 1/2 years ago) and the AT&T wireless phones I have had the delay problem. Maybe the AT& T phones are not compatible. Can you recommend wireless home phones that may work or is there a way my Home Connect can be checked out?

0 Likes
dexman

Do you, or anyone you know, own an old school Western Electric rotary dial or touch tone phone? If so, connect that to the Home Connection device and see if there is any difference. My guess is that the delay is being caused by the HC unit and not the at&t cordless phones.

Another test option would be to take the at&t base unit to a friend or family member who has a landline and see if there is any difference that way.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Newknox, a year and a half is a while to experience this. The brand of phone that you use shouldn't have the biggest effect on the the way your calls connect. However, the type of phone you are using may. How old are the home phones you are using? Have you tried a different one to test the response time? Do you have Verizon cellphones that are being used in the same home?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes