Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DirecTV and LTE Internet and home phone compatability
JOHBEN72

Currently I have DirecTV Genie set up hooked to my ATT DSL Landline. All works well. Can I hook up my DirecTV system to Verizon's LTE Internet and home phone device?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: DirecTV and LTE Internet and home phone compatability
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JOHBEN72, let's get the clarification that is needed about your unlimited data options. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/new-verizon-plan-unlimited-faqs/ Please note item #1 under "General Information".

On the new Verizon Plan Unlimited you get our fast LTE speeds. To ensure a quality experience for all customers, after 22 GB of data usage on a line during any billing cycle we may prioritize usage behind other customers during network congestion. This means your data connection could slow down.

*Mobile hotspot/tethering reduced to 3G speeds after 10 GB/month per line

Does this help? Is there anything else that we can help clarify?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7e18n1

Nope!  Verizon Wireless Home Phone doesn't do telephone modems.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JOHBEN72, I imagine you are referring to this here LTE Internet and Home Phone ( https://www.verizonwireless.com/home-office-solutions/verizon-lte-internet-and-home-phone/ ). If that’s the case then and as long as your DirecTV system has wi-fi capabilities, then connecting the two using wi-fi is the same as connect any other wi-fi device. What plan do you have with Verizon Wireless? Is it the new Verizon Plan Unlimited? 

DavidH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOHBEN72

Thanks for the responding.  My DTV Genie system is currently Ethernet hardwired to my NetGear DSL modem/router.  This allows streaming content (if so chosen) and apps to be available on DirecTV.  My assumption is that I can do the same with the Verizon LTE Internet and Home Phone. device

I am replacing my ATT DSL service (finally!!)  with Verizon's Internet home phone - Internet device on the unlimited plan.  Only issue its on backorder until next month.

Again thanks for your response.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JOHBEN72, we don't want you to have inaccurate information. I'm here to clarify things for you. The unlimited plan only covers your home device for up to 10GB of 4G LTE data. After that it will be slowed to 3G speeds. Unlimited is only available to smartphones and tablets.

Does that help you out?

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JOHBEN72

No.

My understanding at sign up of the unlimited plan was that there was the possibility of my speeds being reduced if I exceeded 22 GB of data in any given billing period.  There was no mention of which device I used.  Which would be ridiculous.  Could you clarify?

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JOHBEN72, let's get the clarification that is needed about your unlimited data options. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/new-verizon-plan-unlimited-faqs/ Please note item #1 under "General Information".

On the new Verizon Plan Unlimited you get our fast LTE speeds. To ensure a quality experience for all customers, after 22 GB of data usage on a line during any billing cycle we may prioritize usage behind other customers during network congestion. This means your data connection could slow down.

*Mobile hotspot/tethering reduced to 3G speeds after 10 GB/month per line

Does this help? Is there anything else that we can help clarify?

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
JOHBEN72

Thanks.  Clarified. 

Nick [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes