Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Disney +
tami_wall

Can anyone tell me how we "signed up" for Disney + to begin with?  I got a new phone recently, and was looking at my bill and realized I've been charged for about a year for something I didn't even know I had! I never knew to look for it, because I never signed up for it. Did this happen to anyone else?  If so, were you able to get money credited back to you? Shame on me for not looking at my bills closer, but shame on Verizon for sneakily "stealing" money from me each month! I believe I have canceled it with the directions everyone has provided, so shouldn't be an issue, but feel I should be credited for the rest, especially since I never used it! Anyone have luck with that?

0 Likes
Re: Disney +
acraftylady2

Verizon doesn't sneak it in.  It's an add on.  You have to actually go into your account and add it on.  Did someone add it on and not tell you?  It's free for a year on certain unlimited plans.  Maybe you added it on and forgot it was going to end and you would be charged monthly. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It's important to know about all the charges on your bill. Thanks to @acraftylay2 for adding those details. I'm more than happy to review your account and see exactly what happened. I will send you a Private Note, as well as this message. I'm sure we can get to the bottom of it. 

0 Likes
Tigerstep

You have to make an actively make an effort to sign up for that..in fact, this forum had a lot of posts of people having issues trying to sign up for it.

Instead of blaming Verizon, maybe look at what you or another member of your family did instead. This is not something Verizon would have signed you up for.

0 Likes
tami_wall

Definitely didn't add it on.  I have no young kids who would be watching that.  Our kids are adults without access to my account.  I realize it's an add on, but it's one I didn't add!  I think it was probably a promotion that I wasn't told about when we bought a new phone. As I said, I would have never thought to look for the charge, since I never wanted/needed it in the first place! Lack of transparency in my opinion!

0 Likes
tami_wall

It would be the LAST thing I would add on! I replied below to this, but I have no kids in the house, they are all adults without access to my account.  I'm usually very aware of what is going on with my finances and bills.  As I keep repeating, I didn't even think to look for a Disney add on, because I didn't add it on! My guess is it was a promotion that I didn't pay attention to because I didn't want it, and ended up getting charged for it. I have been a Verizon customer for about 20 years and don't recall an issue like this before.

0 Likes
tami_wall

I responded earlier to the private message I received with my name and number.  I would appreciate this getting resolved. Thanks.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Very weird.  I signed up for the free year of it and getting emails telling me the exact date it ends and how much I will be charged each month if I keep it.  Verizon did not sneak it in on me.  They wouldn't have been able to as I go over the bill every month. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We totally understand where you are coming from, tami_wall. Good news is that you are able to manage the Disney+ subscription add-on from the following link. https://myvpostpay.verizon.com/ui/acct/secure/productApps/gridview/Your%20Add-ons Let us know if this information helps.

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes