Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DisneyPlus on any TV?
rdemaat

I just signed up for the 1 year free DisneyPlus. To view shows on my TV does it need to be a smart TV that has a Disney+ option? Kind of like a Netflix option? I have a JVC tv that does have an internet connection but I dont see a Disney+ option. I do see Netflix.

0 Likes
Re: DisneyPlus on any TV?
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You can add Disney+ to a smart TV if the software on the smart TV is compatible with Disney+. Some older models may not be able to add Disney+. This does not necessarily mean you need a new TV. It is probably cheaper AND better to just purchase a newer model of some kind of streaming device. Regardless of the TV manufacturer, you will USUALLY have a better steaming experience with a streaming device than you will with a smart TV. Most TV manufacturers don't add enough RAM for the smart TV to give you the best results and a streaming device will steam shows more seamlessly than on a smart TV and it is cheaper to upgrade when you only have to replace a ~$50 streaming device than it is to upgrade a TV.

If Disney+ is not an option on your smart TV, I would suggest a Fire TV stick or a Roku streaming stick. You can get either one for $50 or less and using either one would likely improve your streaming experience on your TV instead of using the pre-installed software on the TV.

0 Likes
rdemaat

Ok. Thank you for the quick answer!  So I'm still watching on my big TV via one of these sticks, correct? Is a Roku stick all that I will need? No extra 'box'? Probably uses an HDMI connection?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Yes, the Roku will plug into your TV via an HDMI connection. Aside from the ROKU, you would need a wifi connection for your ROKU to receive a signal.

rdemaat

Ok. Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That is correct. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes