Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ellipsis Jetpack Help Please
Shy-Rose

When I log into my laptop mobile broadband user ID fine but when I add password 10 characters I hit enter and the password triples....I've tried copying and pasting I've changed password nothing helps....can anyone help me please?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis Jetpack Help Please
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

What is the error message you are receiving?  My guess is that you are either trying to connect to the wireless network of the Jetpack or you are already wireless connected and trying to access the Jetpacks admin console from a web browser.

If you are getting stuck on a browser, try a different browser.  Capture some screenshots of what you are seeing and post them to this thread for us to review. 

Shy-Rose

Since I'm unable to go online w my laptop I'm using cellphone for this message I took pictures but do not know how to attach them from my cell to here...the error message I get is: you must enter text with 20 or fewer characters...I have 10 characters in my password but when I hit enter after I add 10 character password it triples and I get that error message

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

Alright, it sounds like you are trying to connect to the WiFi of your Jetpack with the WiFi password.  First thing to try is deleting the wireless profile that your laptop created for your Jetpack.  If you share with us your OS we can try to find you specific steps.  Otherwise the general steps are to look up your available wireless networks, find the saved wireless passwords for those networks, clear the password saved for the Jetpack and then try again.

Your OS may be trying to overwrite your current password attempt because that profile is locked and saved with corrupt or incorrect information.  Wipe that profile out and start over again.  Test the jetpack with alternative devices to make sure you are entering the password correctly. 

Shy-Rose

OS Microsoft windows 8.1

HP 15 Notebook PC

I've searched and only time I find the Jetpack is when it's turned on...I've been unable to find stored passwords...I'm sorry for being such a pain

0 Likes
Re: Re: Ellipsis Jetpack Help Please
7e18n1

> the error message I get is: you must enter text with 20 or fewer characters...I have 10 characters in my password but when I hit enter after I add 10 character password it triples and I get that error message

Do you have a Prepaid Jetpack?

0 Likes
Re: Re: Ellipsis Jetpack Help Please
Shy-Rose

Yes a prepaid.... I've not used laptop for about a month...I use to turn Jetpack on then explorer .....it would say I need to add $$.... I would pick $60 - 30 days...put in my info and all set...now it just takes me to sign in to Verizon

0 Likes
Re: Re: Re: Ellipsis Jetpack Help Please
7e18n1

That Password 20 error is from an embedded <script> … </script> added to the default QuickAccess Mobile Broadband Portal HTML code. Its purpose is to sabotage each password character. Regardless of your password, it is rejected preventing the user from proceeding.

Login here to see what happens without the script.

https://quickaccess.verizonwireless.com/bbportal/brow/acctmgmt.do

Call the number shown: (800) 786-8419. Listen to the options. First, add money using a refill card or credit card. Once added, hang up and call back to speak to Tech Support. Say, “My balance is ___, I need you to activate my data plan” and that should get you back online.