Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gizmo Watch 2 To Do list
tig66208

After almost a year of dealing with this device, I’m done. I wanted 3 features: ability to call and text, GPS, and “reminders” that I can manage for a child with some special needs. 

As someone who has spent 20 years developing software, I can safely say the to-do list on the gizmo is garbage. 

Issues:

-it needs a “timer” set. Why? It’s pointless. Either snooze, or acknowledge and it’s done. 
-if a to do is snoozed or just ignored, the rest of them will not go off on time. It literally backs them all up until they are executed sequentially. Who in the right mind coded this up and thought “yep, that’ll do just fine?”

-to do’s frequently stop working altogether and need to be reset. 

Listen, Verizon mod who will reply: the device doesn’t need to be reset. It’s not a hardware problem or a reset problem. It’s just garbage code. I’ve logged this multiple times and it’s all “ok we will let them know” and nothing ever is improved. 

I want to return the device with a full refund, towards an Apple Watch. 

Re: Gizmo Watch 2 To Do list
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am a consumer myself so I would equally be upset if my device did not work how it is supposed to. I would love to help with what our next steps are. When did you purchase this device? AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
tig66208

Approximately September of last year. 

0 Likes
tig66208

Amber, anything more on this?

issue is getting worse. To Dos don’t even fire at all now unless I disable / re-enable every day. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for those details, tig66208! Do you have any other issues with connectivity on your Gizmo Watch, or is the issue only with the To Do list feature? 

Thanks, 

Michelle_VZW 

0 Likes
tig66208

The To Do feature is the main issue. Although, I should point out that the charging mechanism for the device is also very underwhelming. The contacts constantly need to be cleaned with an alcohol swab in order to continue functioning.

0 Likes
tig66208

Just patiently waiting here guys - yet another day in which I've had to disable / reenable all of the DAILY set to do's.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Ttig66208, have you or your child been able to press the power button when the To Do task is finished to help ensure the next task shows up? 

0 Likes
tig66208

That's not the problem. If my child does interact with the to do, he can complete them with the on-screen UI. I didn't know the power button could be used to do this, I would assume that's exactly the same as hitting the check mark on the screen. Which, btw, is 110% counterintuitive. 

But, my problems are:

1) If the task is ignored by the child, the next to dos will never alert. That's simply bad usability.

2) About every 2-3 days, I have to reset all of the reminders, even if they have been successfully completed, otherwise they will never fire. For example: yesterday, my child properly completed all to dos. Today, the first one did not alert. Once I went into the app and disabled them all, and then re-enabled them, they started firing again.

Listen, I just want to return this device because the experience has been awful. AND, I'm saying I'm going to end up buying a more expensive device from you that will work. Tired of the back and forth, it's not an "update the device" issue or a user error. The To Do function (my primary reason for having it) is simply a poorly executed feature. There's no reason for it to block other alerts if ignored, and there's also no reason for it to have a "duration" with a minimum of one minute. It should be binary: beep beep alert, hit ok, done.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

tig66208, we value your loyalty and we are here for your support. We appreciate all of the steps you have taken in your efforts to resolve this concern. Although the Gizmo Watch will not be eligible to be returned, we would like the opportunity to further review your options. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you. 

0 Likes