Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gizmo Watch won't add other gizmo watch as buddy
jheisel

Hi all,

we've been the happy owner of a Gizmo Watch for 2+ years.

This week, we bought a second watch for our second child. 

Setup went fine, added guardians/etc. as contacts without problem, until I tried to add the watches as contacts for one another.

When I create a contact and enter their phone number, I am given the option to add as a Gizmo Buddy, calling contact, or no permission. However, no matter what I select from the pulldown menu, the SAVE option at the bottom of the screen is grayed out. 

I spent some time with Verizon support yesterday and they ultimately sent me to LG. LG says they were not the manufacturer of either device so now I am back at square one.

Has anyone else had this issue? How did you solve it?

Are Gizmo Watch v2 simply unable to talk to Gizmowatch v1?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Gizmo Watch won't add other gizmo watch as buddy
MelanieDG

I had same problem and found the save button worked when I entered each kid watch as a new contact with different name instead of adding contact from my contact list (right side link on name entry bar). These were the Disney Gizmos. Hope that helps! 

View solution in original post

JenniferMomof2

I have the exact same problem.  The save button is grayed out.  Interesting that our issues are only 1 day apart.

0 Likes
jheisel

After going through a number of options, Verizon support told me that it appears the two versions of Gizmo Watch are incompatible with one another ... which seems like a pretty big programming oversight (imagine if your iPhone 12 couldn't talk to your iPhone 9 or whatever). So hopefully they get it resolved. 

0 Likes
JenniferMomof2

I was finally able to add the contacts as gizmo buddy.  Both watches are the same.  However, the contacts don't work, they can't call or text each other.

0 Likes
JenniferMomof2

Although I could add them as buddy, it didn’t work.  When you clicked on it on the phone nothing happened. VZW had me reset watches.  Now I can’t even save them as buddy contacts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JenniferMomof2, we are here to help! Have you confirmed that the Gizmo Hub is fully updated on your phone? Do you have any system updates available for any of the devices? - ScottD_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jheisel, we would be happy to take a closer look. what troubleshooting steps have you already taken?

ScottD_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure this is properly resolved, what happens when they try to call each other?

0 Likes
jheisel

I spent a lot of time with Verizon support on facebook messenger already, I wiped both watches and reconfigured from scratch. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We know how important it is to have the proper contacts on the Gizmo Watch. We definitely want to get to the bottom of this ASAP! We will be sending you a Private Note, so we can further assist you. MoniqueH_VZW

0 Likes