Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Gizmo screen goes black when sending text
Temayne

Can't send a text from Gizmo.  Screen is dark grey/black.  Can receive texts and send voice messages.

0 Likes
Re: Gizmo screen goes black when sending text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Making sure you have the ability to stay in contact with your children is extremely important. Can you tell me when this started? Did the device go through any recent changes when you noticed this started? Is there any physical/liquid damage to the device? ChetonJ_VZW

0 Likes
Aflanary1

My daughter’s watch does the same thing but only to certain contacts. No damage or contact with water. I have two daughters and it happens to both watches but different contacts on each watch. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Aflanary1, 

I'm sorry to hear that you have had trouble with the Gizmo screen going black! Let's figure out what's causing this, so your daughter's can enjoy their devices once again. Does it always seem to happen with the same contacts? How long does the screen stay black before coming back? When did you begin having this issue with their devices? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
elh130

My daughter's watch is doing the same thing, but only when she wants to text me, and I am the primary contact. Texting still works for and with her dad, but wont let her send or receive texts from me. When I initially send her a text it will flash across her screen for about 5 seconds, but then the screen goes black again. We have turned it off and on and made sure it was fully charged. There has been no damage or water exposure to the watch. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would never want your daughter to miss a message from you. When sending a text are you adding any Emoji? Does this happen with every message that you send to her?  AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
Motleycool

I have the same issue.   My son can receive a text from me (primary contact) but he can’t reply back to me ever.   All other contacts work as expected.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
Motleycool, we're sorry to hear that your son is unable to reply to your text on his GizmoWatch, we're here to help. We recommend that you complete a factory data reset; http://spr.ly/6601E2lTd. After completing this step, all information will need to be re-entered. 

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
elh130

My daughter's Gizmo did an automatic update and when it was done, everything was working again. Hope this helps! Good luck!

0 Likes