Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gizmo watch 2 - assigned gizmo buddies not receiving texts
Mhunt86

I have reset twice now. My twin daughters both have gizmo 2 watches.  They are assigned as each other’s gizmo buddy. One twin can text the other one but that twin never receives anything. I cannot figure out how to fix this and I’m tired of resetting the watches over and over. It is taking up hours of my time with no solution. 
I have spent time on the chat with Verizon tech support and they could figure it out either. I wish I could return these pieces of junk! 

please help! 

Re: Gizmo watch 2 - assigned gizmo buddies not receiving texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Making sure that your Gizmo devices work properly is a must. Please tell us, when did this issue begin? Are both devices fully up to date? Does this only happen with texts or does this also affect calls?

LauraF_VZW 

0 Likes
Uncfan01

I’m also having this problem & just received a replacement watch from VZ and the problem still exists.  My daughter use to be able to text with her gizmo 1 version to all of her friends with gizmo 1 & 2.  Now she’s only able to text with me in between watch & app and is unable to text with anyone. I too spent hours on the phone, resetting, repairing watches.  The last thing to try will be to completely remove the app, setup both watches again and add all the contacts back.  I don’t think it’s happening across all gizmo 2s though   My older daughter is able to text between her gizmo 1 and her friend’s gizmo 2.  But that gizmo 2 was purchased last fall (2020). 

VZ needs to look into this fully.  It’s a big prob.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm sorry to learn that you are experiencing some issues with the Gizmo device, Uncfan01. Our goal is to ensure that your device works as intended, and that all the available troubleshooting is done to resolve the issue. You mention that you have done extensive troubleshooting with us and the last thing to try is to completely remove the app, setup both watches again and add all the contacts back. Our resources show that doing may resolve the issue that you experiencing, please try that and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes