Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gizmo watch randomly calling while on charger
Angorama

Had our gizmo watch for a few years now. Last night while on the charger the screen suddenly started flipping to different views by itself and then it called one of the watch contacts. I thought it might be a bad charger connection so I wiped down the watch charging ports and the charger, left it off the charger for the night. Tonight we put it back in the charger and after about 30 minutes it did the same thing twice , different contact called each time. I’ve tried turning off then back in, software is up to date, no damage. Device name is Verizon gizmo watch in blue.  What could be causing this?

0 Likes
Re: Gizmo watch randomly calling while on charger
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I know having your smartwatch calling when you say and not when you don't is a pretty basic and essential function. Thank you for the details on what's been going on with it last night. Is the watch damaged or had any contact with water at all? 

*Zaak

0 Likes
Angorama

No damage, no water, no reason I can figure out why it is randomly calling. I thought it might be something with the charger so I switched to my spare charger, and it stopped until tonight, it randomly called a contact on its own again. So apparently not a charger problem. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That's great you were able to test it with another charger, Angorama. Does this only happen at night when it's on a charger though?

*Zaak

0 Likes