Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GizmoWatch 2 data usage
VZWuser21

I have a GizmoWatch 2 for my child.  The screen cracked and it wasn't in use for months.  This month it was turned on and in the charger for a couple of days until I replaced it with another watch today.  My account shows that it used over 1.7GBs in the last three days, including with activation of the new watch.  There is no way either old or new watch was used for that much data, including for activating the new watch.  The data usage went over my monthly limit and I've been charged $30 in overage fees.  Can anyone help explain why this usage increased so unusually and so high in a short amount of time?  There must be something wrong.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: GizmoWatch 2 data usage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would be happy to take a look into your data usage with you. Have you already taken a look at the breakdwon of your usage on your My Verizon?

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
VZWuser21

Yes.  The watch is broken - the screen doesn’t work - and had not been used for months.  I put it in the charger recently and it used over 1gb of data in two days.  I bought another one to replace it and the old watch continued to use lots of data until the new watch was activated.  Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would definitely like to look into this for you. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance. *Melissa

0 Likes
VZWuser21

How do I send a private note?  It's not letting me login to my community account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would be happy to look into this with you. What sort of troubles are you having logging in at this time? Are you able to sign in through your My Verizon account?

*Robert

0 Likes