Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Gizmowatch 2 Waterproof
UGAbulldawgs

Just activated my son's gizmowatch 2 watch and within 2 hours it got wet for less than 30 seconds . It states on the package its waterproof and also states on the website it meets the IP67 standard which states it should be OK submerged 1 meter for 30 minutes. Now I am getting the run around saying I will need to file an insurance claim due to water DAMAGE. It's supposed to be waterproof so why should I file a claim this is beyond crazy. Verizon don't add waterproof if your and not going to warranty it when it gets wet. Beyond fed up with Verizon and lack of customer service. If I do not get a response I guess I will have to file a Notice of Customer dispute since we bought something with misleading product information. 

Re: Gizmowatch 2 Waterproof
Tigerstep

Water damage has always been under an insurance claim instead or warranty. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, UGAbulldawgs. I'm sorry to hear about the device. We do not cover physical or liquid damage replacements. You would need to upgrade or place a claim for the device. TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
bradjerome

Yes, it states it is waterproof on the site description, in the advertising and on the packaging but don't hold them to it.

0 Likes
bradjerome

Is it just me or is it incredibly unethical to market something as waterproof and then specifically exclude damage from exposure to liquid in the warranty?

Ap900

Same issue. This has been the worst purchase of my life. It auto calls my phonr about 100x in a row too

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want you to enjoy your device, and we would love an opportunity to troubleshoot this issue for you, Ap900.  We need some additional information to assist you with this issue. When did the official start?

Is there any physical or water damage to the device?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Wraithnz

It is waterproof within limits but there is no way to check whether the limits were exceeded. You will find the same warranty limitations on water resistant cellphones. 

They indicate that the watch is tested when it leaves the factory but that conditions can compromise the waterproof status including exposure to dust or water so really the only promised you it was warerproof until you got it wet 😆

0 Likes