Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Global Modem USB730L constantly disconnects and reconnects.
Larryuga

Hi there,

I just got my Global Modem USB730L and have started messing around with settings as I am hoping to use it as a more reliable alternative to my wired in home connection as it times out on me and so I can also travel for work and use this instead of very unreliable motel/hotel internet.

Unfortunately, I've come across the issue of if it uses too much data too quickly, it will time out. I tested this a variety of ways. 

1st: using speedtest.net, it will begin the upload speed test and the device will disconnect.
2nd: I tried playing an online game, after a few minutes, the modem will disconnect.
3rd: Skype video call, it will work for a few minutes then will disconnect.

I have downloaded the dashboard app to see if there were any updates and unfortunately there aren't any. For this modem, can it reliably be used as a constant data stream download/upload so I can have video conference calls and stream my desktop as needed to do presentations?

Thanks in advance for the help!

0 Likes
Re: Global Modem USB730L constantly disconnects and reconnects.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Larryuga. Being able to have a dependable data connection for all your work travels is essential and we can certainly assist you with your concerns with the disconnects you are experiencing with the model. In order to get more information regarding your issues, how long ago did the problem start? Are you experiencing the disconnects in just a specific area? Or is it everywhere you have traveled? Do the disconnects happen at every moment of your connection? Or just at the beginning? VianeyP_VZW

cdonon

I'm having the same issue and NONE of the customer service reps have a clue what it is / does in the first place. The issue is with the USB730L not the service, when it's on it works great. What happens is the USB730L randomly resets regardless of where I am. I have connected to 6 different computers with the same results. There's no specific timing when the USB730L decides to reset itself.

I purchased a HUAWEI E3372 stick, swapped the sim card using an adapter and it works great. I paid for the USB730L and would like for it to work because Verizion isn't intrested in refunding my money.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're disappointed to learn you're experiencing issues with your device resetting, cdonon. I rely on my devices daily and want to ensure you can rely on yours. Let's take a closer look into this. When did this start? Has there been any damage to the device? What happens when the device resets?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
Amanda_6441

I'm experiencing the same issue. I bought the modem to be able to stream tv/videos but it's not working for that. I can watch for a few minutes at a time then it disconnects and reconnects. I tried Verizon's speed test, but it can't complete it. It disconnects within a few seconds of starting the test. It seems that anything that requires a large amount of data all at once causes it to disconnect.

0 Likes
Amanda_6441

What adapter did you get? I may resort to doing the same thing.

0 Likes
ejb749

I have the same issue.  Device disconnects from the PC and reboots constantly.  I've tried multiple PCs and multiple operating systems.  It is definately a hardware releated issue.  This is a brand new modem, but is more then 30 days old so Verizon refuses accept a return, even though the device has NEVER worked.  Are all of these things just junk quality, or do any of them actually work?

0 Likes
txhawg

I too am experiencing the same issue.  The modem randomly resets.  I can tell it is resetting because the status light LED indicator starts flashing, same thing it does when I first plug the modem in the USB port.  

So, is there any resolution to this problem, or do I have to return the modem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Txhawg, we are not giving up until we find out what's going on. Can you check your APN settings on your device: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-global-usb-modem-usb730l-troubleshooting/#/main/devi...  

Let's also have you check our software to ensure that everything is updated: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-global-usb-modem-usb730l-troubleshooting/#/main/devi... 

Please keep us posted on the outcome.

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
bigjimbob80

Is that HUAWEI E3372 still working for you?  We are having the same issues, however it only appears to be a problem with systems that have been upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

0 Likes