Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google home rebate not valid?
ADAKEM84

I purchased a Google Pixel on June 8, 2017 during the "Buy the Google Pixel or Google Pixel XL get a Free GoogleHome via $129.99 " rebate period.  The email confirmation said the following: "Based on the purchase date provided, you can expect us to validate your rebate around 07/28/17."

I have been checking periodically since then. Most recently as 4 days ago I received an email stating:

"I am sorry that you have not received your rebate. I have verified that your rebate is in the final stages of validation. Please allow up to 15 days for your rebate to be processed. Once the rebate process has been completed your $129.99 Visa Prepaid card will be mailed to the following address: "

Today I received another email saying it was invalid, and when I reached out to the rebate customer service they told me that I was ineligible because I upgraded to the Google pixel.  I did upgrade an existing line, and I am paying full price for this phone over the next year and half.  I looked back at the rebate which I was offered originally and it did not mention anything about this. I have had a family plan with Verizon for more than 10 years, and I feel that I should have been told "the offer you are being offered is not valid, but we are going to sell it to you anyways." Why was this offered to me if it was not applicable?

Is there anything i can do about this? I would like to get a full refund for the purchase price of the Google Home, or otherwise some type of credit. This just seems silly. Here's the $120 receipt for the Home:

Capture.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Google home rebate not valid?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I apologize for the confusion surrounding your promotion and I'm here to help because your customer loyalty is greatly appreciated. As a consumer, I know conflicting information can be discouraging. After reviewing the Google Home promotion that was offered on 06/08/17, both add-a-lines and upgrades were eligible. Let's dig a little deeper to see what transpired with your transaction. I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily.

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Without seeing the actual specifics of the promotion, I suspect that the promotion requires you to add a new line in order to be eligible for the promotional rebate on the Google Home device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ADAKEM84

Thank you for your response.  Looking back through the receipt I kept with the phone box, the details of this promo are not spelled out and I can't find the terms anywhere online since the promo ended.  I am just annoyed that I was offered to buy the device at the store under the pretense that I would be reimbursed the purchase price, and that I agreed to do so. The associate even filled out the form with me while I was at the store.  I feel like such a chump.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

You can check the wayback machine site to see if it is available there.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I apologize for the confusion surrounding your promotion and I'm here to help because your customer loyalty is greatly appreciated. As a consumer, I know conflicting information can be discouraging. After reviewing the Google Home promotion that was offered on 06/08/17, both add-a-lines and upgrades were eligible. Let's dig a little deeper to see what transpired with your transaction. I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily.

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes