Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HUM+ Is not recording Safety Scores...
Joenhabd

Just purchased my Samsung Note 8 running Oreo and purchased the HUM+. Had the Verizon sales rep install in my car. Everything was good to go and the HUM app communicated with each device perfectly. It would even record my safety Scores which I thought was neat. About 2 weeks ago my Samsung Note 8 broke and Verizon replaced with a new one. After a few days setting everything up HUM app no longer recording any of my safety scores. It does everything else.

Can someone help me out? Maybe give me a check list so I can double check if I'm doing something wrong.

I csn start by saying I make sure to blue tooth connect my Note 8 with the HUM speaker. Which the blue tooth light turns solid blue and my Note 8 shows connected to HUM. I made sure in the app to always keep me signed in and the safety score option is turned on. I always keep my Note 8 data enabled and the GPS.

What other areas should I be checking?...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HUM+ Is not recording Safety Scores...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Joenhabd,

Being able to see how safe you're being is crucial. We want to make sure you can rely on your Hum to do everything it should. We're glad to help. What shows up if you attempt to view the safety score in the app? Is the safety score currently turned on? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-210240/ 

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Joenhabd

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, the safety score is turned on.

Attatched is my screen shot of my HUM app.

20180523_164151.jpg20180523_164122.jpg

BELOW YOU CAN SEE MY DRIVING HISTORY.

BUT NOTING IS BEING RECORDED FOR THE "Safety Score" SINCE RECEIVING MY REPLACEMENT SAMSUMG NOTE 8. THE WEEK OF 5/20 - 5/26 NO SAFETY SCORE RECORDINGS. BEFORE MY FIRST SAMSUNG NOTE 8 BROKE EVERYTHING WAS WORKING INCLUDING SAFETY SCORE RECORDINGS.

20180523_165020.jpg

I HAVE UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED THE HUM APP YESTERDAY. DROVE TODAY AND NO SAFETY SCORE RECORDINGS.

ANYTHING ELSE SHOULD I CHECK?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Joenhabd,

I see that you have issues with the safety score feature from the Hum mobile app on your replacement Samsung Note 8. I would be happy to have you check a few settings on your replacement device.

Please make sure that the location services or settings are turned on with the phone. Also try to uninstall and reinstall the Hum app. If there are any additional questions please feel free to ask.

At your service,

Liam B. - Hum Community Support

0 Likes
Joenhabd

Still waiting on an answer from Verizon regarding questions above.

0 Likes
deloused

If you have issues with the Hum App, contact Hum Customer Service at (800) 711-5800.

Hum Dashboard and App FAQs | Hum by Verizon

0 Likes
Joenhabd

Thank you for the contact information. I will contact HUM for additional help.

Meanwhile I highly recommend re-reading what I stated in the very beginning.

For a recap....

I stated when I first purchased HUM at your Verizon store location everything was working fine. Until my Samsung Note 8 broke and Verizon sent me another Samsung Note 8. I used the same exact version of the HUM app.. but now with the Samsung Note 8 that verizon sent me in the mail HUM app is not functioning to record my Safety Scores, compared to my original Samsung Note 8 before it broke did record all my Safety Scores.

Has me concern if there is an option that I should be aware of?

I'm surprise that Verizon has their name with HUM selling the product that I pay for does not have better technical knowledge for me as a consumer. Sad....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi Joenhabd!

We are so sorry to hear about the issue with the safety score.

Would you mind sending us a direct message with Hum Account Number and email we have on file? We will help address this issue. 

Look forward to hearing from you so we can address these issues and provide you a resolution.

At Your Service,

Christian H. - Hum Community Support

0 Likes
Joenhabd

Currently on 5/28/18 placed phone called into HUM. We spent good amount of time. HUM technical figured out there are 2 different issues going on. They had me update to their lastest and greatest HUM app. Explained its a must to make sure my data or WiFi is connected to a network. GPS location is always on and phone with me while driving.

Yesterday I took a drive and saw the "Safety Score" did record my trip. But on my way back home it did not record my Safety Score. Seems the HUM either locked up look at the below picture. You will see top left corner the "HUM LIGHT BULB symbol" "SAVING TRIP DETAILS" this would not go away so I rebooted my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 log back into the hum app want to the safety score and it failed to record my return home trip.

TAKE A LOOKAT MY PHONES TIME 9:55PM AND THE HUM SAVING TRIP DETAILS 6:27PM... THIS WAS MY TRIP HOME FROM 6:27PM TO 9:55PM.... THIS IS A PROBLEM.

Screenshot_20180529-084354_Samsung Notes.jpg

The second problem is with the lastest and greatest HUM app they had me install. This new update is not showing the DRIVING HISTORY GRAPH. THEY PUT A TROUBLE TICKET INTO THE APP DEVELOPER.

I have to wait 2 business days for an answer from HUM.

I WILL UPDATE MY FINDINGS.

0 Likes
Joenhabd

6/5/2018

Did not receive any call back from HUM technical support as promised from last week.

Called HUM to followup with my trouble ticket...

They have no new information other than a system problem on their end with some customers unable to logging into their account.

I spent a total of 54 minutes on the phone with technical support going over the very basics with hum app and my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 running Oreo 8.0.0. All my settings and app are setup correctly. According to technical support with hum everything should be working.

Since yesterday and this morning I submitted 4 PDF files containing my notes screenshots from a day-to-day basis to show and prove that I am having severe problems with hum device not working 100%. Even their online portal is not communicating with the OBD.

I even drove to the same Verizon store and spoke to the same sales rep that sold me this HUM.

I explained in full detail what is wrong. The Verizon store sales rep also uses the same exact make and model smartphone as I do the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Oreo version 8.0.0 and also uses HUM.

When I asked the store rep to verify her HUM account using the app. SHE COULD NOT EVEN LOCATE HER VEHICLE WHICH WAS PARKED RIGHT NEAR MY VEHICLE IN THE PARKING LOT OF THE VERIZON STORE.

HER DRIVING HISTORY FOR 3 MONTHS SHOWED NO DATA.  For the past three months, as if she did not drive her vehicle back and forth to work at the Verizon store. And she was mortified to learn that her hum was not working as well.

Her SAFETY SCORE did not record for the past 3 months.

She could not even use the navigation option, came up as could not find vehicle. She call me that she too would have to call hum I report this. Meanwhile my purpose to go to the Verizon store was because hum technical support advised me to. But the Verizon store rep told me "there's nothing she can do to help me this is hum responsibility since it's their system".

It has been roughly two months since I've purchased HUM. I have yet to experience a 100% positive experience from my purchase. I am really getting frustrating since I had to pay for the activation fee the merchandise and the monthly fee that is charge to my Verizon account.

After yesterday's phone call with technical support with. HUM they again told me "2 business days" I should be hearing back from them. HUM technical support is aware of the 4 PDF files that I've emailed them which they provided an email address for me to send to them to analyze.

**WILL UPDATE AGAIN IF ANY NEW INFORMATION...

0 Likes