Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
PHILLY5034

Does anyone have any experience with Hum by Verizon?  I signed up for the service about a year ago, its great how it keeps track of all kinds of stuff in your vehicle.  My problem came when I got into a hit and run accident in Nov...the Hum service immediately came on the speaker and asked if I needed assistance.  I asked them to call the police which they connected me with, then after finding out that my car needed to be towed, I again contacted the Hum service, only to be told that they don't provide service for accidents...... I was like    ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  ITS 5AM THE DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING.... they said they only send out roadside assistance??? I was floored...

they suggested I call Verizon road side assistance, frustrated, I agreed and called road side assistance, only to be told

that I cancelled that service about a year ago..... (which I remembered doing when I got the Hum installed*)

**the salesman, which was very knowledgeable, about all of the latest products by Verizon, told me all about Hum and that

it was great for the hands free capability, and basically it was like OnStar or similar to it, provided roadside assistance, call Medical

assistance if needed etc..... I WAS SOLD!!

as a matter of fact He noticed on my bill, that I was paying for roadside assistance and Navigation and said I could cancel both of these

and it would be the same price..... again I was sold!!

I just feel like I was let down when I needed the help by Hum.!! the commercials on TV  are very misleading

if you really need them, they aren't there to help you..... when you need a  tow at 5am, you want to feel confident

that the service that you pay for monthly has got your back

Philly5034

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: HUM
mflandshark
Novice

tbh I would be mad too especially if you were told that those NESSISARY features were included. I would just go back to the normal roadside assistance at least they would have been able to tow you had you not been mislead.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Or choose a road assistance option that isn't dependent on which cellular carrier you have. www.aaa.com

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mflandshark
Novice

that's even better

GAREIN69

We put the HUM in my car for my teenage daughter when she drives it for peace of mind that IF she got into an accident- HUM would ask her if she was okay and if no response send EMS/police. ( and I also thought contact towing) We had HUM for 6 days when she was hit by another car that was going 50PMH- deploying all air bags and totaling our car. She was going approx. 5-10PMH as she was stopped and had the green light and pulled out into the intersection when it turned green and other driver ran the red light. HUM never came on.. I'm very lucky my child was okay and coherent to call dad- who called 911. SO when I called HUM- I was told about how many other great features it has and they are sorry. Wasn't good enough for me- I spoke to technical services who did state that HUM did note airbags all deployed but it was a low rate of speed that they figured it was just a mistake.  They would not tell me at which rate of speed HUM will contact the driver. Unacceptable and totally misrepresented this product. If my child was unconscious and in need of urgent medical care and flown to the closest trauma center and because of HUM response time was delayed... there are no words that would make a parent even close to accepting their poor excuse. So I asked HUM supervisor for a credit for my $40 activation fee and $30 HUM fee... Havent seen a credit on my verizion bill or heard back from HUM. So owner beware...

pherson
Leader

Auxiliary roadside assistance companies as well as HUm do not provide towing after an accident. This is in their terms and conditions and is NOT even listed in what offered. The program states it will not tow if vehicle is not in a safe condition to be towed. After an accident anything can happen so they won't tow it. It pays to read terms and conditions of anything you sign up for.

pherson
Leader

You won't get one either.

0 Likes