Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Has anyone configured a Pantech UML290 USB modem on a Cisco RV320 router?
Chessieweb

What information do I need to input? I've tried everything.

Options Are:

PIN Code:

Access Point Name:

Dial Number:

Username:

Password:

DNS Server:

Verizon technical support didn't have any of these!

Totally useless!

Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone configured a Pantech UML290 USB modem on a Cisco RV320 router?
7e18n1

> What information do I need to input? I've tried everything.

Try this: leave everything blank, except use Dial Number *99* or *99***3#. You can also try forcing the APN: vzwinternet, but that shouldn't even be required.

> Verizon technical support didn't have any of these! Totally useless!

That's because it's out of scope (of support). It's not Verizon's job to make their customer's equipment work.

Chessieweb

Thanks but that didn't work either.

I tried both dial options and can't get it to work.

Cisco's training says a phone number, username and password might be necessary but Verizon won't give us one.

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
7e18n1

The router OEM can bail out with a number of excuses, the primary one being "talk to Verizon!" Verizon can easily jump ship, "That device requires VZ Access Manager to work properly!"  At any rate, you can't expect any company to help you with this. You're on your own! Your best chance for success lies with you. The answer is on the internet (it may even be in this forum), it's a five year old modem and someone has manually configured it before. Set the router aside and attempt to manually configure it with a computer. You can translate success to the router afterward.  Good luck!

0 Likes
Chessieweb

Exactly what we are experiencing. The device works with VZ Access Manager but not the RV320. We purchased a new U620L USB MiFi from Verizon wireless and it was not supported by the RV320. Cisco dongle support sent us a compatibility list of devices that they support and the Pantech UML290 was on that list. We purchased the UML290 and had Verizon activate it with a SIM card but neither Verizon or Cisco will give us any information or how to configure it to work. We've tried everything and still can't get it to work. Cisco just keeps asking for more and more information but won't send us anything. Why would they advertise their routers work with these devices but won't help to install it?

0 Likes
7e18n1

> Why would they advertise their routers work with these devices but won't help to install it?

Since I've never encountered a situation where the router OEM has incorrectly listed a USB modem as known to work, I can only assume it does work until proven otherwise. But, encountering OEMs that do not offer free tech support is fairly common.

0 Likes
Chessieweb

I realize most manufacturers don't offer free tech support but I am a reseller of Cisco products trying to help a customer. You would think they would help me. They sent me a message saying the case was sent to a higher level of support then I never heard from them. They also haven't responded to my messages.

Great support eh?

0 Likes
7e18n1

Also try using the phone numbers #777 and *99***1#

Be sure the country is USA, provider is Verizon Wireless, and authentication is none.

0 Likes