Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Has anyone heard a beep or screeching sound on the phone when using the 4G LTE Broadband Router with Voice?
BKScott

Has anyone heard a beep or screeching sound on the phone when using the 4G LTE Broadband Router with Voice?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone heard a beep or screeching sound on the phone when using the 4G LTE Broadband Router with Voice?
BKScott

A little more info for the discussion. Has anyone heard a beep or screeching sound on the phone when using the 4G LTE Broadband Router with Voice? When I call, from my cell phone, the phone that is connected to the router, will periodically make a beep sound or a screeching sound. The person on the other end does not hear it. Only I am able to hear it. This is very annoying when on an important call. Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone heard a beep or screeching sound on the phone when using the 4G LTE Broadband Router with Voice?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Noise interference is never a good thing, BKScott. Let's investigate what's happening. Does this only happen when you are connected to the router via WIFI connection? How long has this been happening?

LynnD_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BKScott

I am actually trying to figure this out for my mom. She has the Router with voice. When I call her using  my cell phone, that is when the beeping/screeching occurs. My siblings have said the same thing. Since mom doesn't hear the sound, she has no idea it is going on. The sound is random. 

To answer your questions. Hard to say when it happens. Mom does not live nearby.  Will need to ask her the next time I speak to her. This has been happening on and off for several months.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

BKScott, thank you for the additional details. I can imagine how annoying that beeping or screeching sound can be. You mentioned this happens when you call from your cell phone, do you have this trouble with calling from a landline? Do you know if your siblings have called from their cell phone or landline? Does this only happen when you call mom or have you heard it when she has called you as well?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Agent861

My parents have this same problem.  Each time I call, on a cell phone or landline, I get a loud intermittent beep that cuts out the conversation for a second or two.  It is intermittent and they cannot hear it.  They also get complaints from other people who call.  Anybody have a solution for this yet?

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to ensure this device is working for you Agent861. How long has your parents had this issue? Where are they located?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Agent861

The issue had been happening since they received the device in Dec 2014.  They are located in Daggett, Michigan.

Thanks for asking.  I have been very busy and haven't been following this like I should.  Thanks also for your patience.

0 Likes
Jbs4147

I am having the same issue. Since we purchased the device in October, we get a random beep when talking to someone on the phone. We cannot hear the beep but the person we are talking to can hear it constantly. Is there an answer for this yet? Kind of frustrating to not see a fix for this service that we are paying for. Please don't respond with a generic reply: We live in Camden, SC, we have the 4G broadband with voice, have had it since October 2015, it has happened since day 1 of using the device, it happens on cell calls or land line calls. Any time you call our land line from any type of device, you will hear the beeping. At this point I am ready to eat the early termination fee and let AT&T have my money.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I can certainly understand how upsetting this has been for you Jbs4147. I apologize you’ve been having this issues since you purchased the device. We definitely don’t want to lose you. Let get to the bottom of this and put a stop to this.

Do you have more than 1 phone plugged to the Router? Have you tried powering off the router? Is the beeping during the entire call or does it stop after a while?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes