Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Home Fusion Connectivity
JCOTTON

We've had the home fusion device for a few years - this is the setup with a "Cantenna" outside and a router inside.

For the last couple weeks, a reboot seems to be required to get an internet connection. Once established, the connection is good indefinitely, but once idle for a while (all computers off) the connection goes away within a few minutes and a reboot is required. Rebooting the cantenna may be enough, but it is easier to reboot the entire system.

At these times I'm still able to access the router's administration page. The main page will give a connection status of "disconnected".  I've tried doing a restore to defaults for the HBA/HBR but this did not help. I've looked in some of the detailed system logs, but didn't get any clues there.

Any ideas on what to do? Given the age of the system and its limited support, it may not be worth the expense of having a technician investigate and buy replacement equipment.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Home Fusion Connectivity
7e18n1

Google the HBA model number ca10002.  The first hit is this and I don't remember seeing it before, it might prove useful:

https://wdi.rfwel.com/wireless-devices-info/verizon-ca10002-home-fusion-broadband-cantenna.html

The second hit is the manual for it and this can be useful as it gives ideas for what to check such as the level bubble and the signal strength LED:

https://www.rfwel.com/downloads/datasheets/CA10002.pdf

0 Likes