Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Home Fusion Ghost Data
RIMax

Last October, Verizon doubled my data plan and moved me to the 40gb plan, so I have 80gb now.  For years, I had never used near that amount in the past.  Suddenly, I start seeing the my Home Fusion is using upto 7gb in 6 hour windows.  I turn everything off and have 6gb plus being used  between midnight and 6am.  I open numerous tickets which Verizon never addressed and get huge overages in October and November.  I paid the bills in good faith, Verizon drug their feet and now they say it is too late.  Then on 4/14/15 @ 5:39am, I get a data usage alert saying I have used 72gb of my 80 gb allowance. I get 15 more alerts the same day, each one saying I am using more and more. The final alert at 7:01 pm says I have used 15gb more than my 80gb allowance.  Keep in mind, I am the only person with the WiFi password, I have turned off 2 of the 3 computers that use it, and all we use it for is gmail and QuickBooks. I have a data tracker running on the screen, up to date virus checker, spybot, etc. a Verizon claims my Home Fusion used 23gb of data in a 13.5 hour window.  So I open 6 more tickets because each time I call in, Verizon says they will call back in 1 day or 2 to 3 days, after I don't hear from them, I call back and am told they wrote the ticket wrong and so no one called, but this time they will do it right.  Each time I call, they tell me different numbers. One rep says the data usage alert are wrong and I only used 83gb, my data alerts say I have used 107gb, and my bill says about 120gb.  On a side note, I put my son's phone on the Family Base plan and allowed him 18gb. Around 4/11/15 he and I get a text saying he has used the 18gb and he is restricted the remainder of the month.  I grab his phone and try to go online and get an error message saying, you are restricted from using data. Then the bill comes and show him using about 34gb of data.  Of course Verizon says all of the data counters are working properly but can not answer why the bill, the data alerts, and two of their reps all have different answers for how much data I use???  Verizon is out of control I would highly recommend not using their Home Fusion product.  There is alot of this story I am not sharing such as my background in wireless data, friends with high level positions at Verizon, and a friend with serious computer background who have scrubbed my system to make sure nothing in the background was being used.  I was exceedingly happy with Verizon until the troubles started in October.

Sincerely,

Blair

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Home Fusion Ghost Data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
RlMax,

I am truly sorry to hear of all the problems you have had with the usage on your Home Fusion. I would truly love to assist with getting to the bottom of this. If you sign into your My Verizon account and view the data utilization tool http://vz.to/1O6zkGJ What is showing to have used the most data on your Home Fusion? Have you already reset your Home Fusion router http://vz.to/1HK5LI9 and then tested and checked out usage?

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
RIMax

Hi,

I would sure appreciate the help. I have reset the Wi-Fi password and

power cycled the router. On the router Admin tool, I can see what is

logged in, but I do not know how to tell how much data each individual unit

is using on the Home Fusion. I run a real time data usage tracker from

SeriousBit on all three computers. I have never seen them use as much data

as the data alerts or bill say are being used. If I am using 10gb in a 6

hour window, the data trackers needs to maintain a data stream of over

450kb every second for 6 straight hours, and I have never seen anything

close to that for even 1 minute.

The other issue I noted is my son's phone on the Family Base plan. I was

definitely turned off when he used the 18gb as I tested it myself. He

continued to use data at school on the school's WiFi and other WiFi

locations, but Verizon billed him for a lot. I don't have the bill up but

it was like 34gb of data.

I had this same type of problem in Oct and Nov and paid the bills in good

faith. I opened numerous tickets and they were all closed without

explanation. Now customer care says I can not get a credit because it is

too late. I have let Verizon Customer Service, Tech 2, and Billing, all

open tickets and still have no explanation. I am requesting a credit for

the full amount of overages. Once Verizon has a clear explanation and if

there is overages, you can rebill me for them. Please look at the history

of my account, data usage, my customer survey responses up until yesterday

and you will see I have been a loyal customer. I just do not want to place

my trust in Verizon again after the experience from last Oct., Nov.. So I

need a little good faith from Verizon this time.

Sincerely,

Blair Sandberg

Cell: 805.896.0339

Thanks,

Blair

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 6:35 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
RlMax,

I appreciate the additional information. Thank you for resetting the router. Please keep an eye on the usage since the router has been reset. Did you have a chance to check out the data utilization tool as previously suggested to get a more detailed view of the usage. We suggest using the data utilization tool as a way to track for VZW actual data usage as 3rd party applications that are used to track data may track differently.

In regards to your son's data usage on FamilyBase, has the hard stop on data worked on his line in the past?

We also request for security concerns that you please remove your personal information as this is a public forum.

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
RIMax

That was the first time I used Family Base and it failed miserably by

giving false data usage and stating the device's data is restricted,

actually restrictions it, and then racking up false data usage.

Do you have any authority to fix anything or is your roll to just have me

jump through the same hoops I already have? I need someone to contact me

privately who can write a credit and fix the data collection problem.

Thanks,

Blair

I am on the road now, please take my personal info down.

cc: Lowell McAdam

On Apr 27, 2015 2:02 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes