Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How can I get help with a IP Block?
mcbryde4

I am a server admin and I have a new server and the ip is blocked.  How can I get this corrected?

Wayne

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: How can I get help with a IP Block?
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

Please provide us with more information about what is happening.  For example, what VZW device are you referring to here?  What application is telling you that you are blocked?  What have you tried to do so far to correct or work around the problem?  What kind of a server are you working with? etc.

Verizon mobile broadband devices all sit behind a NAT firewall.  This means that your public IP address will appear to be the exact same as everyone else who is behind that NAT.  This is a well documented limitation of the 4G LTE devices.

The current work arounds are the same as they have always been:

1. Pay for a Static IP Address from VZW

2. Setup a VPN to a VPN Server with an open IP address

3. Terminate service and migrate to an ISP that offers a public IP

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How can I get help with a IP Block?
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

Please provide us with more information about what is happening.  For example, what VZW device are you referring to here?  What application is telling you that you are blocked?  What have you tried to do so far to correct or work around the problem?  What kind of a server are you working with? etc.

Verizon mobile broadband devices all sit behind a NAT firewall.  This means that your public IP address will appear to be the exact same as everyone else who is behind that NAT.  This is a well documented limitation of the 4G LTE devices.

The current work arounds are the same as they have always been:

1. Pay for a Static IP Address from VZW

2. Setup a VPN to a VPN Server with an open IP address

3. Terminate service and migrate to an ISP that offers a public IP

0 Likes